If you can’t go apple picking, then make your own bushel of apples cookie cups.
This recipe is easy enough to make and includes tootsie rolls!
Who doesn’t love a good tootsie roll?
This fun to make recipe idea is the perfect fall party idea and fun to make with the entire family.
Gather up the list of ingredients and print off the instructions to enjoy a family day of making these bushel of apple cookie cups.
Once complete, you can serve as a special treat, dessert or even bring to a fall party this fall season!
Whatever you choose to do with this recipe idea, just make sure you have lots of fun making them!
Bushel of Apples Cookie Cups
- Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough 24 count
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Regular Tootsie Rolls
- Flavored Tootsie Rolls
Preheat oven according to package time.
Take each cookie, roll into a ball and place in an oil sprayed mini cupcake pan.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Take out of the oven and immediately take a spoon or the end of a handle and press into the cookie.
This will make the cup part of the cookie. Let Cool!
Take the flavored tootsie rolls and cut each one into thirds.
Roll each piece into a ball.
Then take the regular tootsie rolls and cut little slices, then roll in hands to make a rope shape.
Cut really small pieces for the apple stems and a little bit longer ones for the “basket” handles.
Place a stem on top of each apple.
If you’d like you can take a little green piece of tootsie roll and place it on the apple as a leaf.
Fill a sandwich size baggie with the chocolate frosting and cut a hole on the corner.
Pipe some frosting down into the cookies. Place as many apples as you’d like into each “basket”.
On a few or all of the baskets, you can add 2 little handles on each side.
Take one of the tootsie roll rope pieces you made earlier and dip each end into some frosting.
Attach each handle to both sides of the basket. You might have to press down just a little on each end.
Ready to serve for a Fun Fall Party!
- Chocolate Pretzels Flipz
- Candy corn
- Candy eyes
- Orange Tic Tacs
- Decorating bag
- parchment paper
- Fill a decorating bag with your frosting and cut a small tip off the end.
- Open your pretzel flipz and lay them out on a piece of parchment paper with the double end facing down.
- Unwrap your Rolo candies and use your bag of frosting to stick a Rolo onto the bottom of a chocolate pretzel Flipz.
- Now use your frosting to stick two eyes and a TicTac vertically under the eyes on top of your Rolo.
- Use your frosting again to stick three candy corn pieces onto the back of your chocolate pretzel Flipz (it helps them stick if you press them slightly into the holes of the pretzel).