Keep Your Canine Companion Safe And Secure In Your Car With A Dog Booster Seat
We love taking our dogs around whenever possible. They’re great and fun companions. However, transporting them even smaller breeds and puppies is not an easy task. They tend to run around our cars because of excitement. And a loose pooch inside your vehicle will also bring plenty of inconveniences.
Most of our four-legged friends may also not be comfortable with car rides, especially when they can’t look out of the window. Moreover, the movement of your car can be pretty dangerous to them. For this reason, it is essential to restrain them or use secure pet boosters for puppy transporting in the car.
Benefits Of Using Dog Safety Car Seats
- Keeps your dog safe. Having your four-legged friend roam around your vehicle and letting him stick his head out of the window is not a fun thing. In fact, it’s a very dangerous thing since he can easily get hurt when you suddenly stop or take a turn. It can even throw him out of the window! A dog seat with well-designed straps can help keep your pet in a stable position.
- You’ll drive more safely. You can get easily distracted when driving and watching the movement of your puppy at the same time. Removing your hands from the wheel for even a second to tend to your pet is never safe. You will be able to focus more on your driving with ease with a good dog belt.
- Less stressful ride for your pup. Most dogs get anxious during road trips. Their panting, whining, and pacing back and forth in your car are signs of this. Putting your dog in a carrier can provide him with the physical feeling of safety and security.
- They’ll enjoy the world more. The majority or dogs love looking out the car’s window to enjoy the scenery passing by. Smaller dogs and puppies may find it hard to get a good look of the view outside. Placing them in a booster seat will not only protect them during the ride, but it also allows them to appreciate the view outside.
Our Pick For The Best Safety Car Seat For Your Dog: Snoozer Lookout I
The Snoozer (I) Bed For Dogs is the perfect dog car seat if you want to help your pup get the best view. It’s available in small and medium sizes and comes in several different colors to match the interior of your car and keep it aesthetically pleasing.
The pet car seat features a cover made of quilted nylon on its exterior which is good at repelling pet hairs and help keep its appearance looking clean. It’s also machine washable and removable just like with its interior, making it easy to clean. Your pup will be warm during the winter months and cool in hot months thanks to the sherpa lining of the seat and lamb wool simulation of the interior.
The seat will last for many years without the need to replace it since the foam form will not lose its shape over time. It also includes a security leash where you can attach to the harness of your pet for extra safety precaution. The dog seat, on the other hand, can be attached using your car’s own seat belt. It may come with a higher price tag compared to other pet booster seats out there, but all these safety features are worth the investment.
Snoozer Lookout I Notable Features:
- Elevates your puppy to help him see out of your vehicle’s window.
- Temperature is regulated by the sherpa lining. It will help avoid overheating of your pet during summer and keep him adequately warm during winter.
- Attaches to the seat.
- Removable parts are machine washable.
What You Need To Remember When Choosing A Car Seat For Your Pets
When you’re shopping for the right car safety seat for your four-legged companion, there are several features and things you need to consider.
- Safety features. Look for a booster seat that you can securely attach to your vehicle’s seat as well as have the capability to handle your dog tightly in place. A lot of high-end models utilize built-in seat belts to keep it secure.
- Ease of use. It should be easy to use and set up every time your dog will ride with you in the car. Removing or uninstalling it should also not be an inconvenience.
- Get the right size. This factor may be obvious, but it’s a vital element you need to keep in mind when shopping for the best dog car seat. Puppies and smaller breeds will be safer and more comfortable in bucket-style booster seats, while bigger breeds may not find it stable and convenient.
- Your pooch will love it if his booster seat has comfortable padding. Also, dog belts check to ensure that the dog belt is easy to clean, can withstand wear and tear, and made from high-quality durable material.
- Add-on features. There are dog safety seats that come with many bonus features like extra components and storage suitable for your treats and doggy bags.