What are the pros and cons of an air mattress versus a sofa bed?
If you don’t have any spare beds in your home then chances are you may be looking for a temporary sleeping option, in case you have any guests to stay. Unless you want to share your bed then you are going to need somewhere for people to be able to get some sleep. The most common choices that people make are an air mattress for guests or a sofa bed.
There is something to be said for either of these choices, and you may have already done some research. If you want to see more air bed reviews just take a look. In the meantime, we are going to take a look at the pros and cons of both air mattresses and sofa beds, to help make your choice easier.
The pros and cons of a sofa bed
Sofa beds are a pretty standard option when it comes to having a temporary sleeping option around your home. So, why might investing in a sofa bed be a good idea and what are the potential pitfalls? Just make sure you invest into a comfortable sleeper sofa bed!
- If you have a studio apartment then a sofa bed can be your main seating as well as extra bed space; this saves on floor space.
- Sofa beds can be more comfortable, although this depends on the individual product.
- Sofa beds provide extra seating as well as extra bed space.
- If you only have a small home you may not have room for a sofa bed.
- Sofa beds can be expensive to purchase.
- Sofa beds take up floor space all the time; when you may not even need to use them.
Click here to see some sofa bed options for regular use.
The pros and cons of an air mattress
If you want to save space in your home, then it makes sense to invest in an air mattress which can be safely stored away when you are not using it. There are some potential pitfalls to opting for an air mattress though.
- Air mattresses don’t take up floor space when they are not in use.
- Air mattresses are often cheaper to buy.
- Depending on the type of mattress purchased, an air mattress can be used in the home and while on camping trips.
- Air mattresses can be uncomfortable so you need to be careful about which one to choose.
- Pets like cats and dogs can easily damage an inflated air mattress if you aren’t careful.
- Air mattresses do not provide additional seating as well as additional bed space.
If you are trying to make the choice between buying an air mattress and buying a sofa bed then some of the decision is going to be based on what you actually need the item for. Do you need extra seating as well as extra bed space? Do you need a portable bed solution that you can use at home and while camping? Generally, if you are simply looking for temporary sleeping accommodation that does not take up much room, and does not cost a lot, then an air mattress might be your best option.
Friday 28th of December 2018
Nice Post! It is true you have to be careful while choosing an air mattress. I have bought it one year ago and its still good to use. You must prefer reviews of products before buying it.
It will definitely help you to choose the best one.
Wednesday 24th of October 2018
Searching for the best convertible car seat? Want to get a reliable place? need a detailed review? Browse here, you will get a list of 10 best convertible car seat to choose yours spending a very short time.
Saturday 28th of April 2018
All the sofas are nice though they are a bit expensive. And the pillow just adds beauty to Sofa.
Best Sofa Beds
Thursday 5th of January 2017
Air beds are a great option for camping or for adding extra sleeping space at home. To find the best air bed for you, consider what size you need and what you need the air bed for. Air beds come in the same sizes as regular mattresses, including twin, double, queen and king. Consider both the space you have available and how many people will be using the air mattress at a time.
Friday 25th of November 2016
Hey Kelly, I am so glad to read this post. Well, could you help me figure which out of air mattresses and memory foam mattresses should i go for when i'm pregnant? air foam is less expensive and i can deflate it and go back to my regular mattress once i have my delivery. memory foam could become my second mattress or maybe i could donate my old mattress and replace it with this one. I can only get one mattress though...