Our Harley came to us about nine months ago and oh my goodness I feel like I have a toddler in my house again! Food pieces are hidden around the house, toys everywhere, and let’s not talk all the crap he gets into that I have to pick up all day. Having a dog is tiring but oh so worth it so here are some tips to help with a messy pup!
KEEP HOUSE CLEAN WITH PETS
- Have all their walking items by the front door- put their leash, wipes, poop bags, collapsible water bottle, and snacks in a tote by the door.
- Stop fighting with dog food bag and put in a pet food container by their eating area. Nice and neat.
- Keep baskets in every room for their toys.
- Make sure their food and water bowls are on a mat. Keeps them from sliding it all around and saves your floor from mess too!
- Go ahead and get that self-refilling water bowl will help you to cut back on all of your trips out to the sink.
- Put their bed out of the central traffic area in the house. I use an old duvet to cover it because I can wash that weekly.
- Get one of those robot vacuums that you can set and automatically clean the floors. It’s almost as good as someone else doing all the cleaning for you!
I spend a lot of time cleaning up after my pets but I love them so much I don’t even care. Keeping my house clean is a process but it can be done! Now I might mutter under my breath how upset I am, but truthfully I wouldn’t want it any other way!
Also, make sure you are keeping them clean too! This helps a lot, shedding hair is one of my peeves. I try to keep the shedding down by brushing and giving Harley a weekly bath.