In some cases, improving your health and wellness can require a complete lifestyle change. Making significant health gains can depend on forming whole new habits or cutting out something you've done for years. Some wellness practices, on the other hand, are simple and easy.
For exmple, if you want to increase your energy throughout the day, you may be considering the use of a popular supplement called MCT oil. If introducing a new health habit sounds intimidating, relax. Adding the oil into your daily routine doesn't have to be complicated—you can just add MCT oil to the things you already consume.
MCT Oil Explained
MCT stands for medium-chain triglyceride. This type of fat differs in structure from long-chain triglycerides (LCTs), which are found in frequently-used cooking ingredients like butter and oil.
MCTs are shorter than LCTs and thus easier for the body to break down, absorb, and use for fuel. In other words, your body can metabolize MCTs faster than LCTs which tend to get stored in the body.
For use as a supplement, MCTs from palm oil and coconut oil are refined and sold as MCT oil. The idea behind MCT oil is that by trading LCTs for MCTs, your body will burn and use the MCT fats rapidly and effectively. The quick digestion of MCT keeps your body burning fat, helping you maintain higher energy levels.
Health Benefits of MCT Oil
Using MCT oil has both short-term and long-term health benefits. Some people report that MCT oil helps them resist cravings and feel full longer. In addition, research suggests that MCT oil can enhance exercise endurance and help lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels. MCT oil is also said to aid in losing weight, maintaining a healthy heart, and supporting gut health.
How Can You Add MCT Oil Into Your Health Routine?
Because MCT oil is odorless and tasteless, you can easily add it to your diet without altering the taste or texture of your food and drinks. Here are a few great ways to use natural MCT oil supplements:
- Adding it to Coffee – If you're looking into MCT oil, chances are you've already heard adding it into coffee. Many people add MCT oil to coffee and sometimes collagen powder for a healthy way to kick start your morning. There are no added flavors with these additions.
- Using it to Make Salad Dressing– Adding MCT oil to salad dressings is a great way to help absorb nutrients and take in MCTs effortlessly. Vitamins like A, E, D, and K need fat to be efficiently absorbed by the body; choosing an MCT is a healthy way to help retain these nutrients.
- Blend it into a Smoothie – If you drink smoothies for breakfast or as a midday meal replacement, adding MCT oil to the mix will help you feel fuller and give you an extra boost of energy. You won't taste a difference, making smoothies a great way to get started with MCT oil.
- Add it to Food – You can also easily add MCT oil to almost any meal you prepare. The oil is flavorless and mixes well with foods like yogurt, rice, and vegetables. The possibilities are endless, making MCT a natural addition to anyone's health routine.
- Or, Take MCT Oil Straight Up – For a quick jolt of energy, you can always take a spoonful of MCT oil by itself. If you take this approach, start with a small amount, about a half teaspoon, and build up from there.
Adding to Your Health is Easy
With all this information, it's easy to see just how and why MCT oil has gotten so popular. This versatile supplement is effortless to incorporate into any diet, making it a small and simple change that can impact health in a positive way. MCT oil is conveniently found online and in all your local grocery stores, health stores, and natural food stores. So if you've been on the fence about adding MCT oil into your diet, give it a try and see for yourself the fantastic benefits the supplement has to offer.