Rochester, New York, is a place where large high-tech companies coexist with cornfields, vineyards, and rural life. It’s a place unlike any other. Rochester is also home to one of the best barbeque joints in the country. If you want to savor good BBQ, then this is the place to be.
Here are the four best BBQ to visit ASAP in Rochester, NY:
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
The Dinosaur Bar-B-Que began way back in 1983 when founder John Sage and two of his partners were at this huge motorcycle gathering at Albany, NY. The idea that the bikers deserve a plate of good food made the three partners seize the opportunity. For five years, this was what it was all about. In 1988, the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que settled in Syracuse, NY, as a small BBQ joint and since then has reached new heights, winning awards from left to right, including an award that named them the country’s Number One BBQ on Good Morning America. It also extended its chains to Rochester, NY. Check out their website here.
The Dinosaur Bar-B-Que takes pride in fresh and highest-quality meat, and they’re committed to providing the best customer service. Here are their most popular dishes:
- Jumbo BBQ Chicken Wings: The chicken is grilled with blue cheese dressing after being rubbed with spices and smoked in a pit. Your sauce options include Hottest (Devil’s Duel), Hot (Garlic Chipotle, Wango Tango, or Jerk Glaze), and Mild (Korean BBQ or Honey BBQ).
- All-Natural Bar-B-Que Pork Ribs: These are dry-rubbed St. Louis ribs that underwent a slow smoking process. Also, it’s glazed with an original BBQ sauce.
- Pick Your Own Combo: This is what separates the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que from the rest. You can pick your own combinations to suit your unique taste. The choices include St. Louis ribs, pulled pork, BBQ brisket, ¼ chicken, wings, spicy shrimp, and smoked sausage.
Many people have come to love the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, and they’re a favorite among the locals.
- Sticky Lips Pit BBQ
Whenever there’s a mention of BBQ and Rochester, Sticky Lips Pit BBQ will always be on the list. The story of Sticky Lips Pit BBQ started way back in 1982 when entrepreneur Howard “Howie” Nielsen opened The Pizza Station. After going through many trials and tribulations, he decided to test his luck and opened a BBQ joint in 2004 using his life savings. With a marquee that pleads people to eat his food, people came producing a line out of the door, and customers have not stopped coming since then.
Sticky Lips Pit BBQ serves a wide array dishes, from its Gigantic Chicken wings to Vegetarian BBQ dinners to All-American BBQ combos and many more. This BBQ place is arguably one of the best in Rochester. Adding in good live music and some drinks, Sticky Lips Pit BBQ produces a recipe for a good night out at Rochester, New York.
- Good Smoke BBQ
Good Smoke BBQ takes pride in serving competition-level food to its customers. It started in 2006 during the Oinktoberfest in Clarence, NY. Since then, it has never looked back. They’re famous for defining their own unique and modern BBQ. They go away from the usual sweet and sticky BBQ. Instead, they do a basic rub and cook the meat perfectly, producing a unique and delicious BBQ experience that you’d want to savor over and over again.
If you were to visit the joint, here are some of the must-order food aside from BBQ:
- Pulled-pork egg rolls: This dish is a must-order whenever you visit Good Smoke BBQ. No other words can describe this dish, but it’s simply delicious. It’s served with their own mustard sauce.
- Sandwiches and side dishes: They serve a wide array of sandwiches from a Fried Bologna to a Tennessee Taco, all of which are very meaty and juicy.
- The Brizketzilla: This sandwich is what Good Smoke BBQ is all about. It’s served with Championship beef brisket with provolone cheese topped with fried onions.
In addition, Good Smoke BBQ treats customers really well. It’s apparent that they care about their customers’ well-being. A BBQ restaurant that offers excellent food and excellent service at the same time is a must-visit.
All of the mentioned joints in Rochester, NY, serve incredibly delicious BBQ, offer excellent service, and have places that can guarantee a good time. Whichever place you decide to visit, don’t forget to savor the BBQ experience and enjoy the scenery of beautiful Rochester.