Do you love seafood? Seafood is a beloved delicacy for many people. If you are one of them, it’s not surprising!! Seafood is rich in nutrients too. It is a good source of Vitamins, proteins, and minerals. It has omega fatty acids that make our immune system stronger. So, you might be craving for seafood!
Enjoy cooking spicy fried crabs in Vietnamese style.
Hot Chili Sauce (Preparation & Cooking)
- Hot chili sauce is made with black soy sauce, garlic, and chili powder.
- It will create one of the most ravishing flavors in your mouth.
- When crabs are fried in chili sauce, the aroma is filled in the entire house.
- My husband and kids are mad after this aroma.
- It is one of their favorite seafood.
Recipe of Vietnamese Style Fried Crabs (Preparation & Cooking)
- Sea crabs: 1 kg
- Dried anchovy fishes: 1 bunch
- Miso soup: 1 teaspoon
- Chili sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Black Soya sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Rice wine: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic: 1
- Ginger: 1 brand
- Pepper: 1 brand
Let’s follow the procedure!
- Clean sea crabs properly
- Use a brush to wash their bodies and legs.
- After brushing, wash it with water.
- Proper washing is required to make the crabs hygienic to eat.
- After cleaning, separate shells and crabs
- I separate shells and bodies of crab. This is one of the most important steps.
- Pull out the triangle shape structure from the belly of the crab.
- Store the eggs in the separate clean bowl.
- Start cooking
- Put crabs and their shells into the pot.
- Put them gently.
- Take another pot
- Measure 1.5 liters of water and pour it into the pot.
- Let it boil.
- In boiled water, add few dried anchovy fishes and one teaspoon of miso soup.
- Let it cook for five minutes in the normal flame.
- After five minutes, add the remaining anchovy fishes.
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Now add the remaining ingredients into the pot.
- Cut garlic into very fine pieces for extra flavor.
- Slice the ginger and let it rest for some time in the lukewarm water.
- All the flavor of ginger will come in water.
- Now add garlic and ginger water to the bowl. Stir it well.
- Add three tablespoons of black soy sauce and one tablespoon of rice wine into the bowl.
- Also, add chili sauce according to your taste in the bowl.
- Stir it continuously.
- Pour more water.
- Allow all the flavors to mix well.
- This will make your sauce fantastic.
- Now pour this sauce
- This prepared sauce has to be poured into the bowl where you have stored the crabs.
- Cook it over medium heat.
- Allow it to soften a bit.
- The tempting aroma will start coming.
- You must allow it to cook for 5-7 minutes more.
- Resist your tempting taste buds for some more time.
- I sprinkle more pepper from the top to make it tasty and spicy.
- Serve it hot
- Now the last step is my favorite.
- Serve it hot to your family members and friends.
- You can enjoy this recipe with bread, white dumpling or steamed rice.
So, why should you be eating SEAFOOD?
Benefits of consuming Seafood
- Healthy Heart: Seafood is rich in proteins, omega-3 fatty acids and has a low quantity of saturated fats. It reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Healthy Joints: Eating seafood on a regular basis reduces the risk of joint problems. It reduces morning stiffness in the patient of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Good Eyesight: Seafood boosts the night vision. It keeps eyes bright and healthy
- Healthy Skin: Omega-3 fatty acids prevent the skin from the harmful UV rays. It reduces the acne and brings a natural glow to your skin. The glow of my skin has increased many folds since I have started eating seafood on a regular basis.
- Fight against Depression: It reduces the depression. It also increases the cognitive function in senior women.
- Improves Immunity: ‘Omega-3 fatty acids’ that is present in the seafood reduces the risk of asthma and allergies in the human body. Selenium improves the immune function, helps to fight against diseases.
I hope you will enjoy this Vietnamese style fried crabs with chili sauce. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes on Hanoi Cooking Classes.