When planning for upcoming 4th of July travel, why not choose to spend the holiday in America’s most patriotic city – Fayetteville, NC? Fayetteville makes the perfect stop for road trippers as it sits right on INTERSTATE 95 and is a frequent stopover for those coming from the north for warmer weather or southerners looking to venture north!
Fayetteville, also known as America’s Home Town, has a multitude of hidden gems that I know you would love to check out! We have outlined 5 suggested weekend itineraries in our Fayetteville Attractions video series. Fayetteville is the perfect quick getaway for adventure, family fun, a romantic weekend, a girls trip, or those who love things a bit extreme! Fayetteville also offers a number of historical, food, and shopping trails! A great destination for families, there are a multitude of family friendly activities throughout Cumberland County, some of which are free!
Fun fact: Out of the dozens of U.S. cities and counties named after the Revolutionary War hero Marquis de Lafayette, Fayetteville, NC was the first, and it is told, the only one he actually visited.
Below is a list of what will be happening the week leading up to the Fourth of July.
2) Independence Day Concert, Festival Park – July 1
3) Fayetteville SwampDogs Game (with fireworks), J.P. Riddle Stadium – July 3
4) Cruise-In to Paradise, Paradise Acres, Town of Hope Mills – July 2
5) 7th Annual SouthEast Crab Feast Summer Tour, Arnette Park – July 4
6) Firecracker 4 Miler, North Carolina Veterans Park – July 4
7) Hope Mills’ July 4th Celebration, Town of Hope Mills – July 4
8) Fort Bragg’s 4th of July Celebration feat. Chase Rice, Main Post Parade Field – July 4