This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Van's Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Well, the months of splurging are long gone and the New Year is upon us so time to rethink what we are eating! I usually skip breakfast, I know – NOT GOOD! I'm not teaching my kids wholesome habits by doing that, so one promise I want to make is to be a better example to my children!
Mornings are always rough for my kids because they want to eat but take so long getting dressed, or in the bathroom that they usually skip breakfast. Already taking after me….so this year, we are ALL changing that!
Everyone needs a dose of calcium and big energy boost first thing in the morning so why not make a yummy, delicious PARFAIT! Layering all these ingredients in a beautiful glass will make my kids (and myself) think they're eating a dessert in the morning.
It only takes 5 minutes and four ingredients to accomplish this yummy jumpstart to the day!
What You Will Need to Make a Yogurt-Granola Parfait with Berries:
- Van's Blueberry Walnut Gluten Free Granola- Two containers of Yogurt – we used Blueberry and Mixed Fruit
- Fresh Raspberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Cool Parfait Glass- I used plastic for the kids!
How to Make a Yogurt-Granola Parfait with Berries
- Start by filling your cup or container with a layer of blueberry yogurt
- For the second layer add Van's Food Blueberry Walnut Granola
- The third layer is FRUIT
- Then layer of mixed fruit yogurt
- Add more yummy Van's Food Blueberry Walnut Granola
- The last layer is more FRUIT!
Keeping it Real with Van's Blueberry Walnut Soft Baked Whole Grain Granola- Gluten Free
Van’s Foods Gluten Free products is a brand that we love and use in our home. I knew this granola would be perfect for my parfait so when we headed to my local Meijer I picked up a couple of bags in the dry snack aisle. We also use the granola for quick snacks on the go, afternoon or evening pick me up, and lunch snacks for the kids.
After making this the first time, my kids said they had a fabulous day at school, and their energy level was higher than normal! They have been on me to make it every day, but I have other plans for more Van's Foods meals, so they need to chill and see what else I come up with for breakfast!
After eating breakfast this week, I noticed a big change in my mood and energy levels. I need to keep this up plus be the role model my kids need. Parents are to be role models, and I want to show my kids how to eat a wholesome meal plus show them my commitment to the New Year!
Please be sure to download the coupon for “.00 off one Van’s Foods product
Van's Blueberry Walnut Gluten Free Granola:
- 12g nutrient dense whole grains
- Soft and chewy
- Perfect for snacking
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial colors
- No high fructose corn syrup
Van's Foods come in multiple varieties so make sure you check out other products that you can also use to jumpstart your day. We also enjoy the waffles and cereal during the week too!
- Blueberry Gluten Free Waffles
- Cinnamon Heaven Gluten Free Cereal
- Fire Roasted Veggie Gluten Free Crackers
- Blueberry Walnut Gluten Free Granola
- Strawberry & Peanut Butter Gluten Free Sandwich Bars
You can find Van's Foods products at your local Meijer. Before you head out make sure to print this money saving coupon.