Whether you’re trying to ward away the winter chills or just looking for a healthy comfort food, a bowl of soup is the good remedy. Soups are versatile and make for quick options by combining numerous nutritious ingredients in a pot and create wholesome recipes. It can even serve as a great dinner or afternoon snack as far as they do not contain too much salt or preservatives.
Generally, soup helps to keep your tummy full for longer and it is perfect for those who interested to lose weight. If this is your point, avoid including butter or cream and include more herbs, grains, and protein. The main content of the soup is its stock.
A home-made stock is a flavored liquid prepared by using cornstarch, which adds body and depth to soups, sauces, stews, and braises. To get white color fine free corn flowing powder, find out the best-modified starch manufacturers in India.
Green Pea Soup
Prepare Green Pea soup with the richness yogurt and serve it with hot or cold.
How to make it?
- Take a large pot and heat the vegetable oil over moderately low heat. While pot gets heat to add the onion and stir occasionally until it gets softened. Add the broth, tarragon, peas, salt and few turns of crunched black pepper and bring to boil.
- Blend the soup until it is got soft. Stir the blending agent in the pan and bring just to a simmer. If you want to serve as cold, add yogurt and chill in the fridge.
Broccoli & Mushroom Soup
Prepare Broccoli soup with the crushed pepper and fresh cream.
How to make it?
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and peppercorns. Once it starts to crackle, add the cut broccoli and mushrooms. Over the medium heat, stir the vegetables for 2 minutes until it well cooked. Boil it over 2.5 cups of water and salt to taste.
- In a pressure pan, cook all the vegetables for two whistles and then remove from heat and let it to release with the pressure. Now, mash the vegetables with the blender or in hand.
Once it cools down a little, open the lid and mash the vegetables using a hand blender. Strain the mixture with a medium sieve. Garnish with fresh cream and coriander. Serve hot in the bowl. Looks Yummy, right?
It tastes well with a slice of bacon. Serve hot in winter and cold in summer.
How to make it?
- Add butter and let it freeze in a saucepan and put onions and sauté well until it succulent. Now, add the potatoes and stir for a few minutes. Then add the leeks and salt. Continue to stir till soft.
- After potatoes are well cooked, pour that stock with some pinch of pepper. Now blend the puree and add the cream and let it to cool in a fridge. Fry small piece of bacon in a pan until crisp. Sprinkle over the soup as garnish and serve hot.
For the Tofu Miso Cream
Now prepare some puree! In a jar, add tofu, honey, orange juice and 1tbsp of the soup and blend well. Mix that puree with the 1 cup of fresh cream and add soya sauce, pepper, salt, and spinach leaves and bring the content to boil. Serve it in a bowl and garnish with bean sprouts.
For Radish Soup
Add radish leaves, spring onion, radishes, and minced celery by adding 1tbsp of oil in it. Add the grated ginger and deglaze with orange juice. Add one big spoon of miso paste. Stir well, and add the vegetable stock. Bring to a steady simmer. Enhance with orange zest. Finally, garnish with the Tofu Miso cream and enjoy the creamy taste.