Are you planning to travel to Malaysia? Then you might need a Malaysia tourist visa. Indians can apply for this visa online. There is a visa application process as you need to be aware of the protocols surrounding it. To avail a hassle free vacation you have to obtain the visa in a proper way
Some handy tips to follow so as procure Malaysia visa for Indians
- You can apply for a Malaysia visa a month before your intended date of departure
- For the Indians there are a couple of ways to procure a Malaysian visa. One is electronically with an e visa or eNTRI. To the visa application centres in the country you have to submit the necessary documents. Be aware of the various eligibility as far as the visa rules are concerned
- One of the fastest ways to procure a visa is to apply online by submitting the necessary documents. The process is fast and quick. On the other hand if you apply offline it is a time taking and tedious process
- There are three types of Malaysia visa for Indians, mainly they are tourist visa, and a single entry eNCERT visa for 15 days, 30 days single or multiple entry visas followed by a 30 day multiple sticker visas. The e visas and e NCERT visas are valid for 3 months whereas the sticker visa is valid for a single year.
- As far as the online Malaysia visa is concerned they are valid for tourists only. If your purpose of visit to Malaysia is for business or any other purpose you need to be applying for a sticker visa
- The sticker visa procedure is an offline application process where you have to submit all the necessary documents to the embassy. You can stay in the country for 30 days at a single time
- You can even avail the option of visa on arrival but this is in special cases. Though this facility is only available if you are flying from Singapore of Thailand. You need a valid visa to these countries along with showing a return ticket to India.
The process to apply for a Malaysian visa
- In terms of online application of visa a simple document in the form of your passport, visa documents, proof of accommodation and return flight tickets have to be submitted. In case of a business visa you have to submit a letter from an Indian company along with invitation letter from the host company.
- The visa is normally processed within 3 working days though the sticker visa might take 7 to 10 days to process. On successful processing of the visa you will be notified via phone or by email. You need to take a print out of the visa and carry it along with you before the trip
Though you can apply for the visa in person, it is always better to seek the services of an agent for a visa approval as the chances of rejection reduces.