As a parent, your ultimate objective is to ensure your baby’s safety and comfort.
These two factors are one of the most important considerations when buying a stroller.
With so many strollers in the market, choosing the right one is quite challenging. We have formulated this guide that states the features you need to look for to ensure the safety of the stroller.
It will help you make an informed choice.
Features You Should Look For While Buying A Stroller :
Ensure that the strollers you shortlist have the following features:
- Brakes: Make sure to buy a stroller with easy operating brakes. Some strollers also come with advanced brakes that lock the two wheels of the stroller. Also, ensure that the brake lever is away from your child. You can click here to find some of the best stroller options that come with amazing safety features.
- Restraining belts: Check the strength of the stroller's restraining belts to ensure they're safe. A 5-point harness is the safest option because it includes shoulder straps, a strap between the legs, and belts around the waist.
- Stability: Check out how stable the stroller is. It should have a wide wheelbase, and the seat should be low in the frame. The stroller shouldn't tip backward when you lightly press down on the handles. Luxury strollers are highly stable and extremely safe to use.
- Storage: Make sure to buy a stroller that comes with a storage area. This will ensure you can keep all the required items in the stroller and move around with your baby without hassle. Not all strollers come with storage space; therefore, pick the right stroller that fits your requirement.
- Recline feature: If you are planning to buy a stroller for a newborn baby, you must ensure that a stroller must have a recline feature. This is because newborn babies cannot sit properly while holding their heads up like adults. Thus, a recline feature will help them rest their head while sitting in the stroller. Another important thing to note is that you can not recline a jogging stroller. That's why they are not comfortable for babies up to the age of 6 months.
Always stay close to your baby's stroller, and do not leave the stroller unattended at any point. This will help in preventing any accidents.
In case you frequently travel by car, you should find a stroller that could easily double up as the baby's car seat.
This will serve a two-in-one function.
Some strollers and car seats come in pairs, while some require special attachments that help the strollers to fit in the car seats.
Always make sure that you have tightened the baby's seat belt.
Also, apply the stroller's brakes anytime you want to stop, and never park the stroller on a sloping plane.
Your child’s safety must be your prime objective; thus, you must ensure to use the stroller safely.
Make sure to consider the factors mentioned above to make an informed choice.