Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes Recipe is a perfect dessert for Independence Day! These mini cheesecakes are light, fluffy, and easy to make.
They can be made ahead of time and frozen for later use. The creamy whipped topping on top adds the finishing touch for these festive desserts.
On the 4th of July serve your family and friends these yummy red, white, and blue Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes.
Cheesecake is baked in cupcake liners for the perfect individual cheesecake for guests to snack on.
These Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes are perfect for snacks, or dessert on the 4th of July.
Serve them at your patriotic BBQ. Everyone will love biting into these red, white, and blue cheesecakes.
These mini cheesecakes can be whipped up quickly but take a few hours to properly cool. Make them the day ahead if you plan on serving them at your party.
Cheesecake always tastes best when it’s been allowed to settle.
In about 3 hours, you’ll have tender red, white, and blue mini cheesecakes ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES
Cheesecake batter is colored red and blue and baked in cupcake liners for individual patriotic cheesecakes that are perfect for the 4th of July that the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly's Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- 12 count cupcake tin
- Cupcake liners
- Hand or stand mixer
- Rubber spatula
PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
This fun and easy Patriotic Mini Cheesecake recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious dessert or snack your family will love.
All you need is:
- vanilla wafer cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- some eggs
- blue and red gel icing
- whipped cream frosting
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 340°F.
Place cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
In a bowl, mix cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until well incorporated.
Place 1.5 tbsp of the cookie mix into the bottom of the liners and press tight.
Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool for ten mins.
While cooling, work on the filling.
Reduce the oven temp to 300F.
In a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add sour cream and vanilla.
Beat on low speed until well combined.
Add eggs one at a time on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
Divide the batter into three bowls. Color one bowl red and one blue leaving the last white.
Layer 1 tbsp of batter on top of the crusts, starting with white batter, then red, then blue. Do not overfill the cups.
Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes. Turn off the oven and let cool for an additional ten mins.
Do not open the door to the oven for the first ten mins.
After this crack, the oven opens and lets them cool for 20 mins.
Place the mini cheesecakes in the fridge, while still in the cupcake pans, for 30-45 mins.
Be careful not to slam them down or you will deflate them.
Remove from pan when fully chilled.
Top with store-bought cool whip or make your own.
If you want to make your own whipped cream topping use this recipe: add cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to a mixer. Whip on high until stiff peaks form. Top the cheesecakes with whipped cream and sprinkles. Chill until ready to serve.
In about 3 hours, you’ll have red, white, and blue patriotic mini cheesecakes that are sure to become a new favorite!
PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKE TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made mini multi-colored cheesecakes before, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES?
This Patriotic Mini Cheesecake recipe takes approximately 3 hours. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 15 minutes to make the crust
- Close to 20 minutes to make the filling
- Around 20 minutes to bake the cheesecakes
- 115 minutes to cool the cheesecakes
- 10 minutes to make the whipped topping
HOW DO I STORE PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES?
You can store Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 7 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months. Simply unthaw at room temperature.
CAN I USE LOW FAT CREAM CHEESE INSTEAD OF REGULAR CREAM CHEESE TO MAKE CHEESECAKE?
You can use low fat cream cheese to make cheesecake. I didn’t try it out with this recipe.
The taste and texture will be slightly different.
CAN I MAKE PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes the day before serving.
Simply store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES?
Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes go well with a wide variety of snacks, desserts, and drinks. These recipes would be great to serve together at a 4th of July party.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Patriotic Dunkaroo Dip
- 4th of July Macarons
- Red, White, and Blue Oreo Pops
- Patriotic Lemonade Shooters
- Red, White, and Blue Trifle
CAN I REGULAR FOOD COLORING INSTEAD OF GEL FOOD COLORING??
For this recipe I suggest only using gel food coloring because the color is more intense with gel food dyes.
With gel food coloring you only need a few drops to get bright color whereas with regular food coloring you need a lot of drops.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPE?
This fun Patriotic Mini Cheesecake recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding strawberries and blueberries to the top of each cheesecake for an added touch that is red and blue. YUM!
PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES RECIPE
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Blue gel icing color
- Red gel icing color
- Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 5 tbsp (36g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- Place cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.Mix cookie crumbs, sugar and butter until well incorporated.
- Place 1.5 tbsp cookie mix into the bottom of the liners and press tight.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven and let cool for ten mins.
- While cooling work on the the filling.
- Reduce the oven temp to 300F
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Divide the batter into three bowls.
- Color one bowl red and one blue leaving the last white.
- Layer 1 tbsp of batter on top of the crusts, starting with white batter, then red then blue.
- Do not over fill the cups.
- Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes
- Turn off the oven and let cool an additional ten mins.
- Do not open the door to the oven for the first ten mins.
- After this crack the oven open and let them cool for 20 mins.
- Add to fridge for a final chill for 30-45 mins still in the pans. Be careful not to slam them down or you will deflate them.
- Remove from pan when fully chilled.
- Top with store bought cool whip or make your own.
- Optional Whipped cream topping.
- Add cold heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to a mixer.
- Whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Will store for 2-3 days in an airtight container
Not following the instructions for baking, cooling and chilling will result in cracked cakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
These Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes are the perfect addition to your 4th of July celebration. Not only is it a fun and festive way to serve cheesecake, but these mini desserts can be made ahead of time for an easy dessert that everyone will love! Give them a try this holiday season. What other red, white, and blue dishes do you make on Independence Day? Let us know in the comments below.
I hope you enjoy this patriotic snack recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!