There are times when there is much amount of food in the fridge, and we do not know how to use it as it is a bad omen throwing away food. It is highly recommendable to all the readers to make use of the leftover food in the fridge rather than throwing it in the dustbin.
In the blog below, we try to cover one such incident when there are chicken and asparagus in the fridge. Not only the dish that is a combination of both of them is tasty but also comprises of high nutritional value. While you follow the below recipe, it is advisable for all the readers to make use of the butcher’s knife for better results.
Chicken & Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe!
For a dish that is full of nourishment, the chicken, and asparagus stir fry, we need the following ingredients:
- One tbsp. Soya sauce
- One tbsp. honey
- Two chicken breasts: skinless and boneless. (cut into size of one inch each
- One tbsp. Olive oil)
- A whole bunch of asparagus (cut into small pieces)
- Four cloves garlic and slice them thinly
- Two scallions (chop into small pieces)
- Two tsp. Sesame seeds (toast them)
- Take a small zip lock bag or a small bowl. Add the proper amount of soy sauce and honey to it. After that, add the small pieces of chicken breasts to it. Stir well so that the chicken gets the coating of a mixture of soy sauce and honey. Keep the bag or the bowl with the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Take a frying pan and start heating the olive oil. After heating the oil for about one or two minutes, add small pieces of asparagus and sauté it for about five to ten minutes. After that, remove the asparagus with a spoon and keep it aside for later use.
- Remove the bag or the bowl from the fridge and check if marinating is proper. If proper, cook that chicken in the frying pan and sauté it for about five minutes. After that, add the garlic cloves and scallion to it and sauté it again.
- Remove the entire mixture of chicken and now cook it with the asparagus along with sesame seeds and some oil in a frying pan.
- The dish is now ready to serve. It is advisable to serve the dish with rice and also you can garnish it with some sesame seeds if you wish to.
The above recipe is not only very simple to cook but also serves high value of nutrition as both chicken and asparagus have a high amount of nutrition in them. If you cook chicken and its leftover is in your refrigerator for more number of days, then there are chances that the chicken might get stale. So it is better to try various recipes that give a delicious taste as well as acts as a high source of protein and other nutrition.