Okay, so I’m going to get REAL here and say getting older sucks! The older we get our bodies don’t function like it did when we were in our 20’s! I’m going to be 50 soon, and so I’m trying to get fit but guess what keeps happening…the leaks! Oh yes, the lovely bladder leaks. Going to the gym is quite embarrassing these days, but I can’t let this issue stop me from my goals.
Don’t let your Bladder get in the way of your GOALS!
- Don’t drink fluids 2 hrs before your workout! That should allow you to empty your bladder before you need to get on the treadmill or sit-ups. Drink your water after your workout.
- Don’t overdo your workout. You might have to adjust the intensity of your workout Consider starting with lower impact exercise like maybe power walking or weight training but with lighter weights.
- Choose exercises that don’t put pressure on your pelvic floor. Try sitting or lying down while lifting weights.
- Do “Kegel Squeeze” exercises- 3x a day! You can do these anytime and anywhere. I do them while I’m driving, reading a book, or watching TV.
- Wear protection! Try absorbent underwear with a flexible, close-to-the-body fit, like Depend® FIT-FLEX® Underwear for women.
Why Did I Choose Depend FIT-FLEX
- Depend FIT-FLEX Incontinence Underwear for Women is more flexible to move with you unlike bulky adult diapers
- Features Confidence Core technology for fast absorption with overnight protection that traps in odor
- Sensitive bladder protection that is specially made to fit the shape of a woman with an underwear-like waistband and oval-cut leg openings
- Maximum absorbency, disposable underwear available in a soft peach color
Best thing I did was ORDER from AMAZON because then I didn’t have to explain to anyone why I need to wear extra protection. The grocery teller at my favorite grocery stores doesn’t need to know my PEEING issues. Now I can order from Amazon and have it discretely delivered to your doorstep.
Of course, I should feel confident but when you have to wear bladder protection that doesn’t always happen, just being truthful!
I’m not at the BE LOUD AND BE PRIDE stage yet, and that is OK! Ordering from Amazon I can save $6 (you can too) and get FREE SHIPPING.