People are always concerned over their smiles and the whiteness of their teeth is one of the most important factors. According to New York Magazine, there are plenty of excellent products available today that can help whiten your teeth. Here are some of the best teeth whitening products on the market to consider using if you’re serious about improving your smile:
- Philips Sonicare Healthy White Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush — Electric toothbrushes don’t just make your life easier, they improve the look and feel of your teeth as well. Electric toothbrush vibrations can give your teeth a lot more color and remove particles and stains attached to teeth.
- Opalescence Go Whitening System Kit — If you’re in need of major teeth whitening assistance, this product is great. The Opalescence Kit is similar to the machines that dentists use and contains a much higher percentage of hydrogen peroxide.
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste — You don’t have to spend a fortune on major pharmaceutical products to give your teeth a healthier and more vibrant color. Colgate toothpaste can be purchased at just about any drugstore and can give your smile a much brighter, whiter look. Optic White toothpaste contents hydrogen peroxide that can help bleach tooth enamel, providing you with the pearliest of whites.
- Listerine Healthy White Vibrant Multi-Action Rinse — This mouthwash product contains hydrogen peroxide as well as fluoride to help both strengthen and whiten your teeth. This product should be used at least once a day.
- AuraGlow – AuraGlow products deliver fast whitening results in the comfort of your own home. Ditch the painful strips and expensive dentist treatments for the best at home teeth whitening kit.
Additionally, there are plenty of tips and tricks you can implement into your day-to-day life that will help with strengthening and whitening your teeth:
- Brush, brush, and brush some more — The American Dental Association recommends brushing at least two times a day, but if you’re eating multiple meals a day, don’t skip out on brushing. You should always be brushing first thing in the morning and right before you go to sleep, but it’s best to brush an additional time after every meal you eat throughout the day.
- Be sure to fully cook your meat before eating — Although you should always cook your meat because undercooked meat can literally kill you, even slightly undercooked foods can ruin your teeth and lead to discolorations. Ground beef, pork, and some other meats should be cooked until the meat reaches an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut back on coffee and sugary drinks — This one might seem obvious, but so many Americans eat and drink unhealthy products that are not only bad for their overall health, but their teeth coloring as well. Sugary drinks should be avoided altogether, but staying away from coffee isn’t always that easy. Americans love coffee, but drinking too much coffee can ruin the color of your teeth. It might be best to brush your teeth following not only each meal but each cup of coffee as well.
- Give oil pulling a try — Oil pulling is a traditional Indian remedy that helps improve oral hygiene and remove toxins from your body. Simply swish around sunflower oil, coconut oil, or sesame oil (though just about any oil will do) to rid your mouth of bacteria, which can turn into plaque and cause your teeth to look yellow.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables — Eating more fruits and veggies is good for you anyways, but these foods can actually help with whitening your teeth. Crunching on raw fruits and vegetables can help rid your teeth and mouth of stain-causing plaque. Especially, pineapple and strawberries are two of the best teeth for whitening.
“A smile can be very inviting,” said Arthur Glosman, a Beverly Hills-based dentist. “Having a whiter smile is engaging and exciting.”