This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
The holidays may be over but not the PARTIES! Oh yeah, we have The Big Game coming up soon, so it’s time to think about what you want to bring to the TAILGATING party! Or HOMEGATING if you are staying home this year. Either way, you will need a dish for everyone to enjoy. Why not try something different this year! I’m tired of those teeny weenies and chips that everyone brings. Enough!
Did you know that pasta sauce has so many different uses, but everyone just wants to make spaghetti or other pasta dishes? I use pasta sauce for so many different dishes other than PASTA! My family loves my Italian Quesadillas, and the only pasta sauce I use is RAGÚ Homestyle, which is full of flavor. Make sure to pick up a couple of jars on your next visit to Kroger. Kroger is my top spot to get all my tailgating party food.
Italian Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 cup of RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup of shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Sprinkle of Italian Spices
- Cooking spray
- Cook the shredded chicken in pan with a little oil
- Pour in 1/2 cup of RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce and mix with chicken
- Heat GRILL for the tortillas
- Sprinkle in seasoning
- Spray cooking spray on both sides of tortilla halves
- Place tortilla (spray side down) on grill and add 1/2 of the chicken & 1/4 of parmesan cheese- spread it around
- Put another tortilla on grill and spread 1/4 c of mozzarella cheese- melt then place on top of the other tortilla
- Cook both sides until lightly brown
- Repeat steps for the remaining ingredients
- Cut into wedges; serve topped with warm RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce (the remaining sauce)
- Makes 4-6 servings.
My family gobbles this down in no time, and it is something my husband asks for all the time when he is watching TV. So I know this recipe will go well with the other tailgating dishes plus it is something different. Each quesadilla will feed 2 people at least. So if you are having a lot of guests over then I would triple the recipe. The jar of RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce will make several quesadillas. Also, you can make a couple of vegetarian ones without the chicken- add more cheese and some veggies!
To get you started, we have a coupon for you: Download this coupon for $0.75 off any ONE RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce at Kroger.
The reason why I serve RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce is because I don’t have time to make my sauce from scratch. But I can serve the made-from-scratch taste because RAGÚ uses farm-grown ingredients, vine ripened tomatoes, and fragrant herbs (fennel, garlic, basil, ground black pepper). The peeled, chopped and simmered ingredients create a robust texture and taste that my family loves. Also, there is no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial history. RAGÚ lets you see, smell and savor the longstanding tradition of fresh tastes with pasta sauce.
Make sure to try all these flavors:
- RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce 23 oz.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Cheese Pasta Sauce 23 oz.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce 23 oz.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce 23 oz.
This year try something different with pasta sauce for THE BIG GAME- think outside of the JAR! Search for #Ragutailgating, and you will find all kinds of recipes to try!