Here is another great recipe I found courtesy of Rachael Ray.
Honey Mustard and Red Onion Barbecued Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar a couple of handfuls
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard recommended: Honey Cup brand
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice eyeball it
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder eyeball it
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Vegetable oil for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium high heat.
Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and cook 1 minute to incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste. Place chicken on hot grill and cook 4 or 5 minutes, then turn. Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 minutes. Turn once again and baste. Cook 2 or 3 minutes more to cook through and transfer chicken to a platter and serve.
This dish was amazing. I love trying new recipes and this will be one that I keep making for my family.
You can find this recipe and many more HERE