So, you want to take some great shots of your restaurant food, as a way to publicize your new restaurant? That’s a fantastic idea and rather than just shoot a few images of your food, as they are cooked, you may want to check out the following food styling tips to get some outstanding shots, which can help you market your restaurant better. Do check them out,
- Natural light: When it comes to food photography, you may want to get the same shot in natural light or at most use artificial light that mimics the natural light and does not seem harsh. The lighting should be perfect and it should cast the various food items in the right light. You may want to hire a professional firm to handle this – all you need to do is to search online for “Leeds photography studio, and the SERPS should help list out all the local photography studios that you can approach for your shoot.
- Being creative: One of the first things that you learn about food photography is that you need to be both creative and innovative. Did you catch those ads about some of the top Ice cream companies, with those perfect images? How on earth could the ice cream not melt under all those lights, and in a studio? Well, you would be astonished to know that the ‘ice cream’ in the image was not real ice-cream but substitutes dressed up to look like the real deal. The point is that when it comes to taking photos of your food, you should get creative and think out of the box. This is yet another reason that you may want to search online for food photographer Leeds and you can then use their services to shoot some amazing pictures of your food.
- Know your subject; if you are planning to handle this shoot on your own, then you need to know your subject. In other words, you need to be familiar with the item in question so that you would have a good idea as to how to shoot the image and what lighting setting you should opt for, with your camera.
- Ethnic food: Most photographers often make the mistake of taking pictures of ethnic food with an ethnic prop in the background, as if they needed a signpost to label this as ethnic food. You may want to avoid those props as they are more of overkill and tasteless to go with. However, you can shoot these food items and showcase customers enjoying the same. You must be able to capture the atmosphere, the color, the flavor and taste, all rolled into one. And while that may seem like a tall order, a perfect shot of actual customers enjoying good food should do the trick.
- Shoot manual: If you are going to take images of fast food, then you may want to shoot the image from above, which can provide you with some great contrast. And always remember to go manual so that you would be able to exercise more control as to how you would shoot a particular image rather than have your camera step in and change the various settings automatically.
- Learn to use photoshop: Remember that you are handling a professional shoot for your business and it is important that your images stand out for the right reasons. Learn how to use photoshop or connect with someone who does. They can then go over your images, enhance them, edit them, tweak until you are completely satisfied. You can tweak and customize the images to your heart’s content, and then post the same on to your various social media accounts. You need to make your food look really yummy in these images and that is why it is essential you know how to operate Photoshop.
These are some of the tips that you would want to check out to make your images stand out. And with the right images online, you should be able to market your restaurant better.