Meal Planning from Facebook Pages!
During the summer I quit my job…for many excellent reasons! But now we are short on income coming in, so I need to buckle down on spending. Most of my spending happened at the grocery store! I would buy what was on sale and try to make dinners around that, well that doesn’t work anymore. I don’t like to see the garbage full of food we didn’t eat or went bad so I need change how I shop. Also eating out is limited to one time a week now. So I guess I need to work on my cooking skills too.
I figured the best way to do this is MEAL PLANNING! Now meal planning for some people might be different from mine, but it is still organizing the meals to cook for the coming week. I’m always on Facebook, so I see recipes all the time in my feed. My favorite fan pages to go to are Tasty, Cooking Panda, and Tip Hero
Last week’s meals:
- Sunday: BBQ Chicken Sliders- my family ate these so fast there were no leftovers. Made french fries for the boys and us girls had a salad.
- Monday: Roast Beef and Potatoes- no recipe just crockpot!
- Tuesday: Cream Cheese & Chicken Taquitos! They were a hit with the family. I’m not a big “fry” type person oh my goodness these were so good. I made with rice (lime and cilantro) from Target. The next day I had them for lunch and enjoyed every bite. I will be posting my recipe later, but I did link to the video where I saw these yummy taquitos!
- Wednesday: Mac and Cheese with Sausage and Bacon. Now I’ve made this before, and the family has been begging, so I made it AGAIN!
- Thursday: Chicken and Rice- crockpot regular.
- Friday: Date night so kids ate Wendy’s and we had lobster. Okay, not a full lobster but lobster in salad and clam chowder.
- Saturday: Made Ground Turkey Baked Tacos! (Recipe LATER)
Now next week (today) I’m going to be stalking Pinterest for Meal Ideas then I’ll plan my weekday dinners plus make my grocery list.
I felt like I saved a lot of money plus food last week by meal planning. The food to throw away was very little this week, after cleaning out the fridge. The family loved all my new recipes and of course already asking for more.
So I’m on the lookout for more sites and fan pages to follow so please let me know in the comments where you get your recipes from and recipes you have made- share your URL with everyone.