With people stockpiling and buying up all the sanitizers in the stores, you must be worried about how you will keep your children’s hands as germ-free as you can. Well, I came up with this easy DIY Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer. Made with items you can find on Amazon and other places online, you can buy the items you need to make this DIY Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer all from the safety of your home.
With just a few ingredients it is very easy and simple to make. You will be able to have your own kid’s safe gel hand sanitizer on hand and not worry anymore that you can’t find it in the stores.
What’s In DIY Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer
- Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe forms the base of this DIY Kid’s Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer. Please make sure you are buying 100% pure aloe vera gel. Did you know that a product labeled “aloe vera 100% gel” is often not pure aloe vera? This misleading labeling is very common. Real (natural) Aloe Vera gel or liquid is not green! Natural Aloe Vera gel varies in color from clear to slightly yellow/translucent gold.
- Witch Hazel – This multi-purpose product has many uses, including killing bacteria that can live within the skin’s pores. The most popular use is for skincare since its strong antioxidant and astringent properties can keep acne, wrinkles and more at bay.
- Avocado Oil – Found to possess insecticidal, fungicidal, antibacterial and antioxidants.
- Essential Oil – I use a mix of cedarwood and chamomile essential oils.
How To Make Diy Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer
Collect all the items you will need to make this gel hand sanitizer and start mixing it all together. You can find the full printable for this below.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Items You Will Need To Make Diy Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer
- Aloe Vera gel
- Witch Hazel
- Avocado Oil
- Distilled Water
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Chamomile Essential Oil
- 3-ounce Plastic Squeeze Top Travel Bottles
- Measuring cup
Making this DIY Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer is easy and should only take you about 5 minutes. Then no more worrying about racing the hoards of people buying up all the hand sanitizers. Just make your own.
Collect all your ingredients
Step 1: Add your aloe gel and witch hazel to a measuring cup and whisk together.
Step 2: Add in your avocado carrier oil and distilled water
Step 3: Add in your essential oils.
Step 4: Whisk all ingredients together until well incorporated
Step 5: Using a funnel, add the mixture into your bottle, stopping about ½” from the top. Add the top and screw on tightly. Affix your label!
How To Use Sanitizer Properly
This goes for any sanitizer you use. Rub your hands together, covering all surfaces of both hands, including between your fingers and up around your fingertips and nails. Rub your hands together for 20-30 seconds to allow your hands to completely absorb the product and the hand sanitizer to completely dry.
How Many Times Can You Use Hand Sanitizer
While you don’t have to go to the extremes they do, a good rule of thumb is to sanitize your hands about once per hour, unless otherwise required for your job, and whenever you do not have access to soap and water to wash your hands.
I am also giving you the printable labels. You can find them here.
DIY Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer – Printable
Diy Kid Safe Gel Hand Sanitizer
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel
- 1 cup witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil Find it here on Amazon
- 1/2 tablespoon of distilled water
- 5-10 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 5-10 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 3 3 ounce plastic squeeze top travel bottles
- Measuring cup
- Add your aloe gel and witch hazel to a measuring cup and whisk together.
- Add in your avocado carrier oil and distilled water.
- Add in your essential oils. We have chosen essential oils that are shown to be safe for children. Please refer to online guidelines for the safe ratio of essential oils to carrier oils for the age of your child.
- Whisk all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Using a funnel, add the mixture into your bottle, stopping about ½” from the top. Add the top and screw on tightly.
- Affix your label!