“Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy’s Top 5 Tips to Stay Healthy This Winter”
- Don’t touch eyes, nose and mouth. It’s inevitable; we are going to come into contact with germs! But we can protect ourselves from illness if we stay away from touching our eyes, nose and mouth. Germs enter the body through these membranes, so avoiding contact is beneficial for staying healthy.
- Continue to wash your hands. One of the most important and best ways to stay healthy and avoid the flu in 2014 is to wash your hands regularly. It is recommended to wash for a full 20 seconds to keep those germs at bay. Rule of thumb: sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song twice and you’re good to go!
- Don’t spread germs. Keeping germs to yourself is crucial in keeping you and everyone you come in contact with healthy. Aside from washing your hands, when you have the sniffles and have to sneeze, sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of your sick germs.
- Eat healthy. Having a balanced and nutritious diet helps strengthen your immune system and avoid getting sick in the first place. Look for your favorite fruits and veggies at the grocery store and avoid foods that make you feel run down and tired.
- Increase zinc intake. Zinc has been clinically proven to reduce the duration of the common cold by nearly half. Products like Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Plus Natural Multi-Symptom Relief Cold & Flu Quickmelts contain zinc gluconate as well as elderberry, peppermint and licorice to help shorten your cold AND help relieve symptoms.