While you may be following a daily skincare routine, still, you might need some professional treatment once in a while to thoroughly cleanse your skin.
One favorite skin treatment of many is a facial performed by a trained facialist or esthetician, who understands different skin types and knows the best facial treatment for one to achieve a glowing skin.
A facial involves unclogging blocked pores and dead cells, as well as a facial massage to relax the muscles and help slow down the signs of aging.
After this treatment, one can expect a softer, smoother, totally rejuvenated skin. In this article, you’ll get to know more about the benefits of having facials.
Get Expert Skin Assessment
A facial treatment starts with a consultation.
You’ll be asked to fill out a personal data form or questionnaire about any skin concerns, medications and supplements you take, skincare products you currently use, as well as your diet.
After this, your hair will be wrapped and your skin will be initially cleansed with cotton pads.
Your skin will be inspected under a bright magnifying lamp with your eyes covered to determine your skin type.
Also, your existing skin condition will be assessed, such as the presence of whiteheads, blackheads, acne vulgaris or pimples, skin sun damage, as well as your skin’s hydration level.
Afterwards, an appropriate facial treatment will be recommended. You can click here to find out the different facial treatments in Rochester, NY.
Deep Cleanse Facial Skin
Deep cleansing involves different steps using various products and devices to attain the best results.
During the treatment, all you have to do is relax and enjoy, letting go of all your worries and resting your facial muscles.
Here are the steps involved in deep cleansing:
- Steaming: With a facial steam machine, warm steam is directed to your face. The thin vapor is very relaxing, and it helps soften up the skin, most especially whiteheads and blackheads before extraction. Also, pores will be cleared out of any dirt. However, if you have sensitive skin, this step should be best omitted.
- Skin exfoliation: A chemical or mechanical exfoliant is used. Dead skin cells can be removed using a mechanical exfoliant because of its gritty texture. On the other hand, chemical exfoliation uses acids and enzymes to help loosen the bond between skin cells. Exfoliation is performed during steam treatment.
- Extraction: This part can be painful and uncomfortable, and it’s important to note that people have varying extraction tolerance. It involves using a special facial skin extraction tool, which is usually made of metal, to prick, dig, and remove whiteheads or blackheads.
Stimulate The Skin And Facial Muscles
After deep cleansing, facial massage is done using classic strokes, such as effleurage, stimulating the skin and facial muscles.
It’s a very relaxing step that could make you fall asleep after the discomfort of skin extraction. A facial mask is applied after a massage, which depends on your specific skin type.
Pamper The Skin
Once facial massage and mask application are completed, the final step is the application of a suitable skincare solution.
It gets rid of dull facial skin using a powerful combination of various products, such as toner, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Here are the skin benefits of applying these products:
- Toner: A face toner helps remove traces of oil and excess dirt. It balances the skin’s pH level, helps close pores, as well as controls acne.
- Serum: A face serum nourishes the skin. It slows down early signs of aging with its collagen content, which improves skin texture and makes your skin glow.
- Moisturizer: It reduces skin dryness brought about by skin exfoliation and extraction.
- Sunscreen: This product protects the skin against the harmful effects of sunlight exposure, most especially after a facial treatment.
Promotes Great Relaxation
Visiting a spa alone is already inviting and calms the senses; what more when you undergo a facial procedure?
Facials aren’t only good for the skin as they’re also excellent stress busters, making you feel relaxed while the procedure is being done in a cozy area.
Facials can be super pampering, which is a perfect treat you can give yourself after weeks of juggling tons of responsibilities at home and at work.
Set an appointment with a reputable face specialist today to get a thorough and accurate assessment of your skin, and to know the most suitable facial procedures for you.
Facials provide utmost skin health benefits, such as deep cleansing and facial muscle stimulation, ensuring total relaxation and rejuvenation.
Also, your overall well-being can benefit from facials, giving yourself the pampering you truly deserve.