I avoid doctor's office like it is the last place I want to be, well guess what it is! All I do is sit and wait in an office, and I'm a mom I just don't have time for all that! Don't they know I have dirty clothes and dishes calling my name at home? My free time I would rather be playing with the kids, not at the doctor's office, I only want to go if I have too. So if my daughter has a horrible cough or my headache just won't go away we don't leave our house we go online and talk to am Amwell doctor. I love that I don't have to pack the kids in the car and entertain them at the doctors office and no more stares from people in the waiting room.
With Amwell, you can see a doctor immediately from the comfort of your home. That means no more traffic, waiting rooms, or rescheduling—just you, your device (smartphone, tablet or computer) and a doctor. Better health is now in the palm of your hands – with Amwell! See a doctor anytime on your iPhone or iPad. Amwell brings healthcare home so that you and your family can feel better, faster. Doctors on Amwell are board certified, with an average of 15 years in practice. They are available 24/7, with no appointment needed.
Typical issues include:
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Much more
After a video chat with the doctor and depending on the issue at hand, the doctor can diagnose, suggest a follow-up, and prescribe, when appropriate. Amwell takes your privacy very seriously. Your visit with the physician is secure and HIPAA compliant. You and your medical issues are safe.
My visit with the Amwell doctor took about 10 minutes, and we talked about my headaches and what triggers them, so I'm on my way to the store to get some Advil and rest in my dark room plus I need to drink water. I was very hot, and I was probably dehydrated. I did all that and yes my headache went away real fast after drinking water. I fight water, and I need to stop that!
Reasons Why We Use Amwell
- Lower cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with in-office visits requiring, on average, $82 for first-time patients according to the Healthcare Blue Book, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance. Having no insurance this is a dream price! Also, they take insurance, so your co-pay does count too.
- Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Ideal for those who don't have transportation or when you don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated and don’t have providers yet. Who wants to drive to the hospital in the middle of the night and spend a fortune in ER- I know I don't. If they tell me to go, then I will, but I will first call Amwell.
- Convenience. Consumers are looking for a faster appointment. Now they don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do they need to wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be viewed from the comfort and convenience of their home.
- Quick prescriptions. Consumers would rather have an online video visit than an in-office visit to obtain standard primary care prescriptions.
- Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or attending a social forum for medical advice, users can obtain second opinions directly from a board certified, licensed doctors.
Amwell is positioning itself to be “The Amazon of healthcare” read this article from the Wall Street Journal for more information.
Learn more from this cute #momsloveamwell video:
Our readers have an awesome opportunity to try our Amwell for a $1! Yes, you get $48 OFF- your visit will only cost you a $1.
You will need to use a special code just for KTOT readers: