Parents We Need To Help Keep Classrooms Healthy
Yes, we get excited when our kids go back to school, but when they come home with the sniffles we aren’t so happy! Back to school colds are going to happen but there are some ways we can help minimize the exposure. It is nearly impossible to avoid coming down with colds since kids are always in close contact with other children in the classroom and playgrounds. That is just the nature of schools.
5 Ways To Keep Classrooms Healthy:
- It takes only one kid who is sick at school to spread the nasty virus throughout the school. So if your child is sick keep them home, I know this will be hard for some parents though. But have a plan in mind when or if your child gets sick. When I worked out of the house, I would arrange family and friends to help with the kids. I would barter my time for their time. We need to build a community that will be there for each other.
- Teach kids to wash their hands after eating, playing outside, sneezing or coughing, and after using the bathroom. I taught my kids to sing the Happy Birthday song in their head two times while washing their hands.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitizer they can put on their backpack, just in case they can’t go to the restroom to wash their hand. I even buy a big bottle for the teacher to have on her desk.
- Tell your kids no sharing of food or water bottles. I tell my kids I don’t care how thirsty your friend is they can’t have a drink unless they have their own cup!
- Every two months I bring into my kid’s teacher a box full of Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes and Kleenex. Donating items like this will help keep classrooms healthy.
Lysol Can Help Keep Classrooms Healthy
Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes has been a trusted leader in the field of health and hygiene for more than 100 years. Plus Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes Kills 99.9% of Viruses and Bacteria, including Influenza A Virus (H1N1), Human Coronavirus, Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Salmonella enterica, Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1. Sounds like a fantastic product to have in the classroom, right?
Remember when someone is infected with the cold & flu, the virus can live on surfaces they touch for up to 48 hours, meaning that the infection can be transferred to someone else days after initial contact. That is when the Lysol Wipes come in handy, the teacher and kids can wipe down infected areas. As parents, we can even volunteer our time to go in and clean the classroom. I know the teacher would appreciate the help. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), recommends routinely cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surface areas to help prevent the transmission of cold and flu viruses.
Side note for PARENTS:
If your kid’s school collects BOX TOPS, then Lysol products are a must. Each Box Tops Clip is worth 10 cents and schools can earn up to $20,000 every year by clipping Box Tops from participating products. So amazing, I buy a lot of products that have the Box Tops on them, and we clip them monthly then send to the school. Nothing out of my pocket because I’m already buying the products. Plus I make it fun for the kids by using our Printable Box Top form.
Parents are you ready to keep classrooms healthy this year by incorporating my tips above and buying teachers products like Lysol Disinfecting Wipes! We can help keep the classroom clean from nasty cold viruses. We all would rather have our kids at school than at home sick. Getting involved is important, and also your children will be proud that you are helping out their classroom.
Let us know how you plan on keeping your kid’s classroom healthy this year!
Please PIN- Show the LOVE!