IMUSA Sweet Plantain Soup
During the winter months, SOUP is always my favorite lunch or dinner dish. I’m not a fan of chunky soup so this recipe is perfect. I love to have a sandwich with my soup and I think a Turkey on Rye would be a perfect match. I cook my soup in a big pot so I can freeze extra for later. I can never have too much soup.
- olive oil 2 tablespoons
- large onion 1
- carrot 2
- garlic cloves 6
- chicken stock 12 cups
- large ripened plantains 4
- cumin 2 teaspoons
- fresh cilantro 2 cups
- heavy cream 1 cup
- In an IMUSA STOCKPOT add oil and sauté’ onions, carrots, and garlic until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, plantains, cumin, and cilantro and bring to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using tongs or a slotted spoon remove about half of the sliced plantains and set aside.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup inside the IMUSA STOCKPOT until smooth. Alternatively, you may purée batches of the soup in a blender.
- Add reserved plantains back to the soup and mix in the heavy cream. Bring soup back to heat and serve.
IMUSA Stock Pot
This IMUSA Stock Pot will be the most versatile and durable piece in your kitchen for large-batch cooking and family-size meals! Use your stock pots to cook up delicious soups, stews, stocks, beans, lentils, sauces and pastas! The IMUSA Stock Pot has soft bakelite handles and knob with red silicone for cool and safe maneuvering.
Available at Target.com for $ 29.49.
Recipe and Picture it is kindly shared with us from 5wpr.com