MASTER THE ART OF COOKING AT
SEMIAHMOO RESORT, GOLF, AND SPA
Semiahmoo Resort, Golf, and Spa, an iconic seaside resort located on the Semiahmoo Spit in Blaine, Wash., is offering guests and the community a chance to expand their culinary skills with cooking experiences at Pierside Kitchen and Great Blue Heron Grill.
“We are thrilled to incorporate cooking events into our long list of on-site activities,” said Mark Andrew general manager of Semiahmoo Resort. “At Semiahmoo, we pride ourselves on our impeccable service and ability to provide endless entertainment for our guests. With our incredible chefs as their guide, guests and the community will learn a great deal and have an amazing time in the process.”
Pierside Kitchen will offer three cooking demonstration and dinner events in March that will teach attendees the secrets to creating some of their delicious menu items:
- “Roast your Chicken 5 ways”: Attendees will get a preparation course in chicken from Chef Christopher Prier and Chef de Cuisine Andrew Cross followed by dinner paired with Washington Pinot Noir. Wednesday, March 11 at 6 p.m. $55 per person, twelve person limit.
- Wood Oven Pizza: Taught by Executive Chef de Cuisine Martin Woods and Beverage Extraordinaire Amberleigh Brownson, this course includes a demonstration of wood oven pizza making and dinner. Tuesday, March 17 at 6 p.m. $55 per person, twelve person limit.
- Pork: Guests will enjoy a cooking demonstration of a delicious pork dinner. From bacon to chops, pork will be your new favorite food. Wednesday, March 25 at 6 p.m. $55 per person, twelve person limit.
Each class at Great Blue Heron Grill will include regional specific appetizers, cocktails, family style meal, and a complimentary recipe of the evening’s meal. The classes are taught at the Great Blue Heron Grill by Chef de Cuisine who will teach guests to master the art of cuisines from around the world including:
- Argentinian cuisine on Monday, March 9
- Chinese cuisine on Monday, March 23
- Pairing Pacific Northwest Hand-Craft Beer with Pacific Northwest Cuisine on Monday, April 20
Each cooking class at the Great Blue Heron Grill is $85 per person, or $75 per member with space limited to 24 people.
Located on the Semiahmoo Spit, the 212-room Semiahmoo Resort features a pool, full-service spa, fitness center, multiple and diverse restaurants, and two challenging and highly acknowledged public golf courses. The resort’s dining options reflect a genuine, rich seaside authenticity paired with a highly valued farm-to-table experience. Semiahmoo Resort uses hand-selected superior products direct from local Pacific Northwest farms, artisans, ranchers, and fishermen to create fresh seasonal cuisine that guests and visitors appreciate. For more information about Semiahmoo Resort, visit www.semiahmoo.com. To reserve a space at one of the resort’s cooking classes, call 360-318-2090.