If you are planning to purchase a pre-owned car, you are not the only person. There are millions who prefer investing in a used vehicle, particularly because of a limited budget. But purchasing a pre-owned car can be a challenging aspect since there is always a chance of getting cheated. In order to ensure that you are investing on the right pre-owned car, there are certain factors that your must be aware of.
The article highlights some of the essential points that you must know while buying a pre-owned car.
Go for a Vehicle History Report
Unless you are purchasing the car from a family member or a very close friend, it is mandatory to undergo the process of Vehicle History Report. This is an important initial step to initiate. The report can reveal almost every detail about the car under the authority of the previous owner. You will get information regarding the odometer fault, the mileage covered, accidents that took place, insurance coverage claimed and so on. If there is a bad history report, you should avoid buying the car.
Inspection of the car
The most fearful aspect of buying a used car is that the seller is not honest about the condition of the vehicle. In fact, there is no such strict regulation that mandates the sellers to be truthful about the vehicle they sell. Hence, it becomes necessary to carry out a full inspection or examination of the vehicle, both exterior and interior before you make your final decision of investing the money and purchasing it.
It is always better to hire a professional and an experienced car mechanic who can diagnose the condition of the car minutely. What are the things that must be checked?
- Look out for dents, and body marks
- Examine beneath the bonnet and the carpet for signs of rust. Is there any paint overspray or welding traces?
- Are the gaps between the car’s body panels equal? If not, you can be sire of the fact that the car has met with a very bad collision.
- If there are signs of oil leaks, the car has not been maintained properly.
- The oil filler cap must be examined. In case there is a white color mayonnaise substance, it is a notification that the head gasket of the car is leaking.
- Check all the tires.
- The interior of the vehicle must be thoroughly examined
Test drive the car
Test driving the car can help you to understand the condition of the vehicle.
- When you start off, an irregular noise indicates power steering issues.
- The adjustment of the handbrake must be checked on a steep road.
- Look out for the behavior of the car on different road surfaces by driving the vehicle at high speed.
Carry out the above-mentioned things before you buy a pre-owned vehicle. Kindle Auto Plaza can help you with all your car needs.