This blog is sponsored by Olympus® but all opinions are 100% mine!
I’m not a photographer; I’m a mom who loves to take pictures. You don’t have to be a photographer to take AMAZING pictures, but it helps to have a great camera. You can get creative too. When I take pictures, I want that WOW factor – and it’s always the SPONTANEOUS pictures that get all the views!
My kids are so tired of posing for a picture; you know those “mom” taking pictures we all do with our children, standing up looking right into the camera with a fake smile. Oh yeah, I have hundreds of those kinds of pictures. But when looking at photos online or on my camera, the ones that catch my eye are the ones out of our comfort zone.
My ideas on how to spruce up “Mom” Photos:
1. It is all about PERSPECTIVE. My daughter taught me how fun it is to take pictures at different angles. Get high up and shoot down or get close to the ground and shoot up! My daughter loves Shopkins so we had some fun taking these pictures.
2. PLACEMENT of the subject can make the picture so interesting looking. You can place your subject right on the edge or dead center then blur out the background. Look around your neighborhood or the park and try playing with different subjects.
3. Make sure your LIGHTING is on point! Create a mood with a backlight or silhouette. I loved how the sun hit the water when we were sitting there waiting for dinner; it was so beautiful I knew I had to capture it.
4. Get ACTION SHOTS-This is my favorite thing to do and its works so well with the kids. My kids won’t pose for me anymore so I need to get the picture when they don’t know what I’m doing. I know I’m a mean mom but I love sharing all their cuteness with everyone I know.
5. ADD PROPS-This could be so much fun- put in the pets, ball, books, or whatever you feel might enhance the picture.
6. Another favorite is the SERIES of SHOTS-set the camera to sequentially shoot a series of images and you will see just how fun it is to see the different pictures taken.
So next time you are taking pictures try a couple of the tips and HAVE FUN! Try taking pictures on your next beach trip. Or get all the nature shots on your weekly hike, can you imagine the fabulous pictures you can get on the trail. Those are my favorite two places to take my pictures that are not planned!
Check out the “Olympus Helps Me Complete the Picture” promotion going on now through Mid-November. Get a free roundtrip domestic flight with the purchase of the lightweight and weatherproof Olympus® OM-D E-M5 Mark II in store or online through an authorized Olympus® retailer between 9/1/16 and 11/151/6. Rules and entry details can be found here.