It is a very exciting and frightening experience for parents to hand over the keys to a car to their newly licensed teenage driver. The exciting part is that they will be able to drive themselves to the places they want to go and frightening because there are various uncontrollable factors while driving like speed freaks, reckless drivers, etc. You cannot always be with your kids while they are driving, but you monitor their driving.
To monitor your kid’s driving, here is a list of 5 apps, which can help you in this regard –
- Ly Pro – This app permits complete hands-free functionality of the driver’s smartphone. This can be used while driving so that the driver can easily read and send messages and emails by using their voice, only. Even though it might be a kind of distraction, in comparison to taking their eyes off the road, your teenage driver can be safer while communicating and driving.
- Canary – The app is created to help you monitor the driving habit of your teenagers. After downloading the app, you will receive real-time notifications in case your child is performing any risky behavior like texting or talking on their cellphones while driving, crossing the maximum allowed speed limit, traveling into off-limits area, or staying out late, past curfew. Word of warning – it might drain the phone’s battery quite quickly.
- Drive Smart – There are two versions of this app – Basic and Pro. With the Basic version, the driver can activate the drive mode in which incoming calls are directed to voicemail, and incoming texts are silenced. The Pro version has the capability to detect when the user is in a moving vehicle and automatically activates Drive mode. Parents can be notified in case the Drive Mode is overridden.
- DriveScribe – This award-winning app has been called the Safe, Driving Coach. It monitors the driving techniques used by your child and provides a safe driving score and points after the trip has ended. These points can be accumulated by the child.The points can be redeemed at Amazon and other major online retail stores.
- MamaBear – This app permits the parents to closely watch over their children when they are driving and if they are using their cellphones or not. Via GPS tracking, it permits the parents to observe where their children are with the car. Additionally, it permits the parents to be alerted when their children cross the pre-fixed speed limit while driving.
It might be frightening to entrust a car in the hands of your teenager. However, with the help of the 5 apps given above, you can rest assured that you always keep an eye on them when they are driving. Check out Dulles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, for all your car needs.