Fall is here, and you know what that means: time to put away the summer wardrobe, dig out and dust off your winter clothes, and go shopping. Autumn is the perfect time to add to your winter wear, and it will not cost you a fortune, if you know how to save money just right. Luckily, this season’s fall jackets are pretty highly flattering, and easily attainable.
- Oversize coats are in. Bless the oversized coats, since they serve two highly convenient functions: they keep you warm, and they cover up any and all figure flaws. This season, it is trendy to be comfortable, and how often can we say that? Just don’t make your oversize coat a boring basic black. Mix it up with fur lining, cute buttons, or bright, bold colors. You can choose from a variety of jackets at stores like Blair.
- Make your figure look better with body shapers. Underneath thick coats, your body can start to look shapeless and lost. You can fix it up with body shaping lingerie, though. They can help you create an hourglass silhouette and hide all your worst body flaws, whether it’s a flabby tummy, or thighs that are just a little too thick. Maidenform has plenty of options for figure fixers.
- Moto jackets are very hot this fall season. Unlike biker and bomber jackets, moto jackets are not necessarily made of leather, even though they have the same shape and look. You can get moto cardigans to wear with the also currently trendy skirt suit, or wear sleek leather versions that work well with skinny jeans and flats. Add color with bright oranges and red jackets. They add a bit of edge to the cooler, more neutral shades of the winter wardrobe. Check out a wide variety at major online stores like Shopbop.
- Plaid is back again. Don’t worry; we are not going back to the grunge days. Plaid and flannel now make for warm pullovers that can be worn with your basic outfits like jeans and sweaters, and are perfect for layering over t-shirts and boots. It is perfect for laidback days where all you want to do is lay around at the park. You can catch some perfect plaids at Refinery29.
- Coats with floral patterns add a touch of whimsy and color to what can be dreary fall and winter seasons. Opt for lighter weight jackets, because the busy floral patterns can be a bit overwhelming, and tie it together with a nice belt.
- Treat yourself to a coat with a bell shape. These coats work best in bright and pastel colors like oranges and pinks, and they create an interesting silhouette for your body. They are also pretty comfortable, and allow you to hide tummy flaws under. To balance out the bell shape, wear tight jeans, pants or leggings; skirts and dresses would create a most unflattering impression. Go to any major department store such as Nordstrom or Macy’s to find the perfect bell jacket for yourself.