I haven't had a camera in about 7 years. Cell phones cameras are what I've used in the past. Yes, they work but do you really get that AWESOME QUALITY a camera can achieve. This past week I've had the Nikon COOLPIX S7000 16MP 1080p HD Video Wi-Fi Digital Camera right by my side and I'm loving it. It takes such wonderful quality pictures and so easy to upload to my phone. I'm able to catch my daughter doing her handstands and taking beautiful pics to share with family and friends.
If you have any birthday parties or even a wedding and are looking for some photo entertainment have a look at photo booths. They are affordable to hire for a day and provide endless entertainment for loved ones. Booth Nineteen are a decent firm and include props, deliver and day hire for a fixed price.
I'm a non-professional photographer who doesn't have much experience with cameras so I need something that doesn't confuse me! This Nikon camera takes excellent pictures with little help from me- I like that a lot! With this camera all I need to do is set it on “Auto,” adjust the lens then point and shoot! How easy is that! I had no problem hooking the camera up to my smart phone at all. Download the app, connect camera (one button) and see what pictures you want to download to your phone- one button and bam it's on my phone. My pictures automatically upload into my Amazon Prime Cloud drive so this is so easy.
I'm not that good with close up pictures but this camera, you just press the camera shot button down half way and it refocuses then press the button all the way down and it gets the perfect picture. This camera is so compact it fits into a purse or backpack without any issues. I wore it my wrist the other day and almost forgot it was there since it is so light. My daughter is loving the video aspect of the camera- in HD of course! She wants to be the next YouTube star so she will be using this for her Toy Reviews. The sound and quality of the video is so much better than my camera video.
The Nikon is going to be used a lot in this family. I'm going to use it for my blogging and doing product reviews. My daughter is doing Toy Reviews so she will be utilizing the video camera a lot. My husband is looking forward to using it soon on his artwork he has int he works. He will be sharing his art on YouTube and Facebook with pictures and video from this camera. My son is super excited for me to take ACTION pictures of him skateboarding. This is defiantly a FAMILY CAMERA! BuyDig.com has this camera and so many other cool products for the family.
Here are few pictures I've taken with the Nikon.
About the Nikon COOLPIX S7000 16MP 1080p HD Video Wi-Fi Digital Camera
- High-performance NIKKOR lens
- C2 image-processing system
- Scene auto selector
- Macro shooting from as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.)
- Effective Pixels: 16.0 million (Image processing may reduce the number of effective pixels.)
- Image Sensor: 1/2.3-in. type CMOS, Total pixels: approx. 16.76 million
- Lens: NIKKOR lens with 20x optical zoom
- Focal Length: 4.5-90.0 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25-500 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.4-6.5
- Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups (1 ED lens element)
- Digital Zoom Magnification: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 2000 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Vibration Reduction: Lens-shift VR (still images), Lens shift and electronic VR (movies)
- Focus Range: [W]: Approx. 30 cm (1 ft) to infinity; [T]: Approx. 2 m (6 ft 7 in.) to infinity; Macro mode: Approx. 1 cm (0.4 in.) (at a wide-angle zoom position) to infinity (All distances measured from center of front surface of lens)
- Focus-Area Selection: Face priority, manual with 99 focus areas, center, subject tracking, target finding AF
- Monitor: 7.5 cm (3-in.), approx. 460k-dot TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment
- Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC; Internal memory (approx. 20 MB)
- File System: DCF and Exif 2.3 compliant
- File Formats: Still images: JPEG; Movies: MOV (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: LPCM stereo)
- Image Size (Pixels): 16M (High) [4608 x 3456]; 16M [4608 x 3456]; 8M [3264 x 2448]; 4M [2272 x 1704]; 2M [1600 x 1200]; VGA [640 x 480]; 16:9 [4608 x 2592]; 1:1 [3456 x 3456]
- ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity): ISO 125-1600; ISO 3200, 6400 (available when using Auto mode)
- Metering Method: Matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2x), spot (digital zoom 2x or more)
- Exposure Modes: Programmed auto exposure and exposure compensation (-2.0 – +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
- Shutter Type: Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/1500 – 1 s; 1/4000 s (maximum speed during high-speed continuous shooting); 4 s (Fireworks show scene mode)
- Range (Approx.) (ISO Sensitivity: Auto): [W]: 0.5-2.8 m (1 ft 8 in.-9 ft 2 in.); [T]: 2.0 m (6 ft 6 in.)
- Control: TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- USB Connector: Micro-USB connector, Hi-Speed USB (Do not use any USB cable other than the UC-E21 for Micro-USB connector. Supports Direct Print (PictBridge))
- HDMI Output Connector: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (standard wireless LAN protocol)
- Operating Frequency: 2412-2462 MHz (1-11 channels)
- Range (Line of Sight): Approx. 10 m (10 yd)
- Data Rates (Actual Measured Values): IEEE 802.11b: 5 Mbps; IEEE 802.11g: 15 Mbps; IEEE 802.11n: 15 Mbps
- Security: OPEN/WPA2
- Access Protocols: Infrastructure
- Supported Languages for Camera Menus: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Power Source: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19 (included); AC Adapter EH-62G (available separately)
- Battery Life of Still Shooting: Approx. 210 shots when using EN-EL19
- Tripod Socket: 1/4 (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 99.5 x 60.0 x 27.4 mm ( 4.0 x 2.4 x 1.1 in.) (excluding projections)
- Weight: Approx. 161 g ( 5.7 oz ) (including battery and memory card)