“Like” MONSTERS UNIVERSITY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
“Follow” Disney/Pixar on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DisneyPixar
Visit the website: http://www.Disney.com/MonstersU
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY is now playing in theatres everywhere!
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/disneypixar
U.S. Release Date: June 21, 2013
Voice Talent: Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Dave Foley, Sean P. Hayes, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Charlie Day, Nathan Fillion, Bobby Moynihan, Julia Sweeney, Aubrey Plaza, Tyler Labine, John Krasinski, Bonnie Hunt, Beth Behrs and John Ratzenberger.
Director: Dan Scanlon
Producer: Kori Rae
Story by: Dan Scanlon and Daniel Gerson & Robert L. Baird
Screenplay by: Daniel Gerson & Robert L. Baird and Dan Scanlon
Composer: Randy Newman
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right.
Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters University” is directed by Dan Scanlon (“Cars,” “Mater and the Ghostlight,” “Tracy”), produced by Kori Rae (“Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.”) and features music from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and award-winning composer Randy Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3”). The film opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013, and will be shown in 3D in select theaters.
Mike Wazowski’s (voice of Billy Crystal) lifelong dreams of becoming a Scarer are derailed during his first semester at Monsters University when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), and their out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program.
· “Monsters, Inc.,” originally released on November 2, 2001, was nominated for four Oscars®: Best Animated Feature Film, Best Original Score, Best Sound Editing and Best Original Song—“If I Didn’t Have You,” for which it won.
· “Monsters University” will hit U.S. theaters nearly 12 years after the original “Monsters, Inc.” theatrical debut.
is known worldwide for his film roles in “When Harry Met Sally…,” “City Slickers,” “The Princess Bride” and “Analyze This”; his 2005 Tony®-winning Broadway show, “700 Sundays”; as a cast member of “Saturday Night Live”; and as the nine-time host of the Academy Awards® ceremonies.Billy Crystal
· John Goodman’s current film projects include Ben Affleck’s drama “Argo,” which premiered at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival; the Robert Zemeckis thriller “Flight,” which premiered as the closing-night film at the New York Film Festival; and Clint Eastwood’s sports drama “Trouble with the Curve.”
· Helen Mirren won international recognition for her work on stage, screen and television. For her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in 2006’s “The Queen,” she received an Academy Award®, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award® and BAFTA Award for best actress. She was also named best actress by a multitude of critic’s organizations from Los Angeles to London.
· Oscar®- Grammy®- and Emmy®-winning composer/songwriter Randy Newman contributes his unique musical talents to his seventh Disney•Pixar film. The 20-time Oscar nominee’s wins include “If I Didn’t Have You” for “Monsters, Inc.” and “We Belong Together” for “Toy Story 3.” He will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2013.