We needed a good sturdy tourch to do some basic plumbing at my home. We have some copper fittings that needed to be welded. I got the Bernzomatic High Heat Torch to do the job. The torch heats up quickly and worked so well. It has an auto start-stop and a continuous lock button as well. It has a cast aluminum body and ais pressure regulated.
From the Home Dept Web page
Work faster and more efficiently with the Max Heat Torch for Faster Work Times. The torch is ideal for job site projects including soldering large diameter copper pipes, brazing, heat treating and light welding. The large, optimized swirl flame provides maximum heat output. The auto start/stop ignition lights and extinguishes with the push of a button and an adjustable flame control knob makes it easy to size the flame for different applications. Run-lock button keeps the torch lit for continuous use.
- Auto start/stop ignition easily ignites and extinguishes flame
- Ultra swirl flame provides maximum heat output for large diameter soldering, brazing, heat treating and light welding
- For best results, use with MAP-Pro fuel, such as the Bernzomatic 14.1 oz. MAP-Pro hand torch cylinder
- Cast aluminum body construction for durability
- Pressure regulated for consistent performance when tilted or momentarily inverted
- Adjustable flame control easily sizes flame for different applications
- Run-lock button keeps torch lit for continuous use
- Limited lifetime warranty
I checked all the reviews and everyone agreed that it worked well for cooking and for welding and burning when needed. I would highly recommend this torch for any of these needs as it is relatively inexpensive and works! So many products make claims but dont work. I really like this torch as it will burn either propane or MAPP gas. It has an adjustable flame, which is nice when soldering. I also like these torches as they can be used in any position without flooding the torch.
Available at Home Dept for around 39.97 with tank cost of another 5.00.