I am always looking for new recipes to try and to share with my readers. I found this great recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken. Who doesn’t love Fried Chicken! I hope you enjoy it.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 3- to 3-1/2- pound chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- * In a large bowl, combine milk and egg; mix well. Add chicken, coating completely. In another large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper mix well. Remove chicken from milk mixture then place in flour mixture, coating completely.
- * In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- * Carefully place chicken in oil and cook 20 to 22 minutes, or until coating is brown and chicken is no longer pink.
- * Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Nothing shouts down-home southern cooking more than some Extra Crispy Fried Chicken. This classic chicken recipe is sure to be a family favorite!
I found this recipe HERE