This post and giveaway were made possible by iConnect and Dreft. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Babies are MESSY! Sometimes as parents we get upset on how messy they get BUT did you know smashing, throwing and playing with food helps babies learn?* Yes, science has confirmed what kids seem to instinctively know – that playing in the dirt and mud is fun!
LET BABIES MAKE MESSES!
Well, I guess the next question is who is going to clean up the messes…I am of course but with the help from Dreft. I don’t worry at all about the messes my baby make because it’s part of life. Kids and chaos go hand and hand!
Dreft conducted a SURVEY and found these results:
- 87 percent of moms frequently encourage their children to pick activities that are unlikely to get them messy over ones that are, even though 81 percent agree that their child learns more when they make a mess, and 89 percent agree that children are happier when they make a mess!
- 88 percent of moms have let their children play in only a diaper specifically so they don’t get their clothes messy! And 80 percent of moms have thrown out clothes specifically because they felt the mess wasn’t worth washing out.
There is no way I would throw away clothes because they were too dirty. I know my detergent Dreft will get the mess clean. Haven’t parents heard the saying …A messy baby is a happy baby! I love to see my baby get into his food and smear it all around.
Dr. Dyan Hes, Medical Director of Gramercy Pediatrics, has a couple of tips to help us parents on MESSY KIDS! I love these tips and so true!
Load up on bibs: Bibs are a great way to capture those messy food moments. Once your little one is done with meal time, throw the bib in the washer with Dreft Active Baby to easily tackle the mess so you can do it all over again. The mess went way beyond the bib? No problem—throw that outfit in the washer too!
Dress baby right and care for the fabrics: When you expect a mess, dress baby with a fabric, such as cotton, that can easily be cleaned up effortlessly. When it comes to fabrics, it’s also extremely important to seek out a gentle and hypoallergenic detergent to care for the items that touch baby’s sensitive skin. Wash baby’s items with a specially-formulated product such as Dreft, the #1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians to be gentle and hypoallergenic on baby’s skin that has been trusted by parents for over 80 years.
Want to hear my TIPS for messy babies:
- Don’t stress over the mess- build memories with your baby
- Put down a sheet under highchair (when done wrap up and wash)
- Put baby in old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty- we all have those onesies that are looking a bit used!
- Take a lot of pictures too! People love messy baby pictures (see below you can win with the pics)
Let’s TALK ABOUT FUN:
1 Enter the #MessiestBabyContest hosted by Dreft and Parent’s Magazine. Be sure to include the contest info link-parents.com/dreftmessiestbabycontest
- To enter the America’s Messiest Baby Contest take a photo of your messy baby, aged 6 months to 2 years.
- Upload your photo below, or post your photo to Twitter or Instagram with #messiestbabycontest.
- Ten finalists will be brought to New York City for a professional photo shoot. The grand prize winner will be featured on the May 2017 cover of Parents. All winners will receive a supply of Dreft products for their messy babies!
2 RSVP To the Dreft #MessiestBabyContest Twitter Party will take place on Monday, November 14th from 9PM-10Pm EST
- RSVP link: http://bit.ly/2f1Djbj. There are some great prizes including an iRobot Roomba!
3 Enter OUR “Messiest Baby” GIVEAWAY:
Prize package, which will include:
- $50 AMEX Card
- Dreft product
HOW TO ENTER: One WINNER.This Giveaway is open to US/Canada residents only, ages 18 and older. The Giveaway will run from Nov 3 until 11:59 pm EST on Nov 19th, 2015. One entry per household. This blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Enter using the Giveaway Tools Form Below. Good Luck!