The biggest football event of them all is closing in fast, so getting that Game Day menu ready is a must. When it comes to having food at a gathering, the fatty foods come into play, but clean eating wouldn’t be such a bad choice either. It may not seem like there are a lot of recipes out there for this category, but I have some selections that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Hampton Creek has an array of tasty recipes using Just Mayo that would be perfect for this year’s upcoming Super Bowl. We want to share with you 3 of their incredible recipes. These recipes may be clean eating, but that incredible taste is guaranteed to still be there when you expect it.
Just Mayo is egg-free, non-GMO, gluten-free, soy free, dairy-free, lactose-free, and naturally cholesterol-free. An excellent way to eat clean without sacrificing taste. So check out the information and recipes that I have for you below, these recipes may just be something you end up making more often.
Just Mayo Garlic Spinach Dip
The Garlic Spinach Dip recipe is both simple to make and easy to serve. This is a recipe that can be shared with everyone during the Big Game.
- 1 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 packet Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
- 1 cup Just Mayo Garlic*
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1/3 cup silvered almonds
- 1) Thaw and cook spinach in a medium saucepan with a little water until warmed through, about 8-10 min.
- 2) Press spinach in a colander or cheesecloth to remove as much liquid as possible. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- 3) Add Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix, Just Mayo Garlic, and sour cream to the bowl and mix well.
- 4) Chill the mixture for 2 hours.
- 5) In a dry skillet on medium-low heat, toast the almond silver until golden. Remove from skillet and let them cool.
- 6) Fold the almonds into the dip, reserving a few for garnish.
- 7) Serve the dip with crudites and slices of bread
Parmesan Herbed Garlic Bread
This next recipe is something that brings your taste buds to life, a recipe that can be served as an appetizer before the game starts.
- 1 large 26-inch loaf of French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Just Mayo Garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil minced and divided
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1) Set oven to broil.
- 2) Brush the inside of the bread equally with olive oil and place under the broiler. Watch carefully and remove the bread right when it is starting to toast.
- 3) In a medium bowl mix together the garlic, Just Mayo Garlic, Parmesan, parsley, and half of the basil.
- 4) Spread the mixture over the insides of bread, and place back under the broiler until it begins to brown and bubble.
- 5) Remove from oven and garnish with rest of the basil. Serve hot.
Sriracha Chorizo Deviled Eggs
If you are a lover of deviled eggs, then this is a recipe you would love to try. Deviled eggs are indeed great, but this particular recipe guarantees an explosive kick for the heat lovers out there.
- 9 hard-broiled eggs peeled
- 4 Tbsp. Just Mayo Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. shallot minced
- 2 Tbsp. roasted red pepper diced small
- 6 oz. chorizo or substitute with bacon
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1) Cut the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and reserve them in a medium bowl.
- 2) Arrange the egg white halves on a tray, cover, and store in fridge.
- 3) Mash the yolks until the crumbles start to smooth out.
- 4) Add the Just Mayo Sriracha, mustard, vinegar, shallot, and red pepper to the yolks. Fold together until creamy and smooth.
- 5) Chill the mixture for 10 minutes to let it set.
- 6) Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the chorizo.
- 7) With a stiff spatula or spoon, work the chorizo into very small pieces while cooking. Avoid overcooking and drying it out.
- 8) Remove from skillet and drain grease from the chorizo.
- 9) Stir the cooked chorizo into the Just Mayo yolk mixture.
- 10) Place the mixture into a piping bag with a large piping tip.
- 11) Pipe egg filling into each egg white half.
- 12) Serve garnished with cilantro and paprika
You can’t have an incredible Game Day without the right food to serve to everyone right? When you are watching the game, you want to have that same excitement till the last second ticks off of the clock. Yeah, ordering food is kind of cool too, but ordering food may or may not get old to you at some point. So why not try something different, something that you have never done before. With that being said, check out the information on the recipes I have for you above, you too can eat clean on the big event.