I wanted to share a post from ; Sue’s Review’s is a blog about everything that we use or need everyday. Sue loves to find interesting deals and info for her readers. Hope you check her blog out.
I love finding interesting and good recipes on line. Here is one I wanted to share.
Freshen up your chicken routine with mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes atop creamy mashed potatoes. This easy, flavorful meal is low-fat, too!
Chicken Cacciatore with Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 3/4 lb. red potatoes about 2, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflower florets
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves 1 lb.
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each green and yellow pepper chopped
- 1 can 14.5 oz. Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup 1/2 of 8-oz. tub PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
COOK potatoes and cauliflower in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until tender.
MEANWHILE, cook chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 3 to 4 min. on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
ADD dressing, mushrooms and peppers to skillet; cook and stir 6 min. Add tomatoes; simmer 8 min. Return chicken to skillet; spoon sauce over chicken. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
DRAIN potato mixture; return to pan. Add reduced-fat cream cheese; mash until potato mixture is fluffy. Serve topped with chicken, vegetables and basil.