One of my favorite food is CHEESE! I probably eat cheese every day- I know probably not the best, but it tastes so darn good. Now, I don’t usually shop at Whole Foods because it is out of my way, but I had to get some RUMIANO FAMILY ORGANIC CHEESE. Well, I’ve died and gone to heaven that is for sure. So smooth and cheesy!
I didn’t know that they started on a small dairy farm in 1919, and Rumiano Cheese Company is the oldest family-owned cheese company in California. I live in California so YES- local! You can get this fabulous cheese at Whole Foods Markets, natural food stores, and various grocery stores… go ahead and check HERE what is the closest store to you, because you need to get some this month. Why…April is National Grilled Cheese Month. I even have an excellent grilled cheese recipe for you that is divine!
Four Cheese Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipe
2 Servings / Preparation Time: 5 min.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A pinch of black pepper
- 4 slices fresh crusty bread, about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick
- 4 slices of Rumiano Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of Rumiano Mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of Rumiano Colby cheese
Mix the butter, parsley, parmesan cheese and garlic, black pepper- spread on bread and then GRILL anyway you want!
- The combination possibilities for this sandwich are endless! Add bacon, ham, salami, turkey, tomato, basil, sage or roasted red peppers.
- Substitute any combination of favorite cheeses for those suggested in the recipe.
- Serve this sandwich with a hot bowl of soup for a warming lunch or light supper
Healthy Cows Healthy Cheese!
Not only are grass fed, pasture raised cows healthier and happier, the milk they produce is of higher nutritional value than milk from cows fed a grain based diet.
Check out this video- amazing!