The 15th annual North Carolina Whirligig Festival in Historic Downtown Wilson will attract more than 60,000 attendees throughout the multi-day event. Enjoy famous Whirligig sculptures at this celebration of the arts event by North Carolina native Vollis Simpson. Not only can you head to historic downtown Wilson to experience the beautiful artwork, but there are also many other events happening during the 15th Annual Whirligig Festival.
Featured Events at Whirligig Festival:
- Feast of the East
- The Whirli-Run 5K & 10K – open to runners and walkers of all skill levels. The majority of the proceeds benefit Diversified Opportunities, Inc., in support of the WhirliDogs culinary training project, supporting those with disabilities to work and learn.
- TheWhirligig Warrior obstacle course
This family-friendly kid-focused event happens over two days, Saturday, November 2nd from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday, November 3rd from 12 pm to 5 pm.
If you’re looking for a fun day out with the kids, then I highly recommend you stop on by the Whirligig Festival in downtown Wilson to enjoy:
- More than 200 vendors (arts, crafts, food, beverages, and a beer garden)
- Four live entertainment stages highlighting local bands
- Free Whirlikidz Zone (with carnival games, bounce houses, and arts and crafts)
- Community nonprofit organizations
- Inspiration Station for kids of all ages to build and create alongside local artists (along with a tech component encouraging STEM learning among kids)
- Whirligig Warrior course (with performances and meet-and-greets with local “American Ninja Warrior” TV show competitors, as well as an opportunity for attendees to try the obstacle course)
- Interactive inflatables and giant climbs and slides for those 13 and older.
The new event, Feast of the East a fundraising event that’s kicking off the weekend of the Whirligig Festival. Enjoy dinner from The Blind Pig and all-you-can-eat oysters from Carolina Oysters. This new event during the Whirligig Festival includes live music, beverages and all you can eat food with your ticket to the event. All of the proceeds from Feast of the East benefit the Gig360 Young Professionals and the Vollis Simpson Whirligig Park and Museum.
Have you heard enough? I can’t even begin to explain the awesomeness of the Whirligig Festival, but I hope I’ve shared enough to get you excited about attending this weekend.
Location: Vollis Simpson Whirligig Park, 301 Goldsboro St. S., Wilson, NC.
Festivities and Events Dates and Times:
- Feast of the East, 7-10 p.m. Friday, November 1
- Whirli-Run 5K and 10K, 8 a.m. Saturday, November 2
- Whirligig Festival, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, November 2, and noon-5 p.m. Sunday, November 3
Now that you have all of the details, I can’t wait to hear about your fun-filled weekend at the Whirligig Festival this year!