Vendange means ‘Grape Harvest”
Perfect Name for this Beautiful Inn
Looking for a weekend getaway or a honeymoon spot? Vendange Carmel is the the place to go! Oh my goodness this Inn was just what my husband and I needed. We live in the Bay Area (California) so it was about 2 hour drive to the Inn. I love that it isn’t very far but far enough. We were able to get away from the big city noises, all the crowds, and most of all our kids. Just kidding on the kids of course (wink wink). We also loved that is wasn’t too close to Carmel-by-the-Sea stores but a walk able distance. Highly recommend doing the the Wine Walk By-The-Sea and then walk back to the Inn.
Vendange Carmel is the first wine themed Inn in all of Carmel and Monterey County. How they became such a success with the wineries is Jonathan Lee (General Manager) had an idea and ran with it and it payed off. His family owned this Inn back in the day and had to sell it to someone who ran it in the ground but Mr. Lee and his family bought it back and brought it back to life! They wanted to stand out and offer something no one has done so Mr. Lee had this idea of wine themed rooms. He approached the wineries and got back very positive feedback and guess what now they have rooms sponsored by different wineries. Some of the biggest names in Monterey County wines are represented at the Inn. I think this is a win win for both the Inn and the Wineries. This is defiantly a HAVE A DREAM and go it get story like Mr. Lee and his family did.
Each room is unique, designed and named by a winery. This gives the guests the opportunity to learn more about the winery/wines that is offered. What a fun and memorable stay! I want to stay in all the rooms. We stayed in the Twisted Roots Winery suite- this was the first winery that signed up with Vendange Carmel. Our room had the most comfy king size bed with a big screen TV on the wall, fireplace, cool sofa, little sitting nook w/chairs, and a nice bathroom with tiled shower. There are other rooms that have their own backyard patio but smaller rooms. I saw a couple other rooms and let me tell you any room you get at the Vendange Carmel you will enjoy.
Vendange Carmel is such a beautiful place and the owners take such pride in the appearance. I love to stay in family owned/operated business because the hospitality is spot on. There was a fire pit that sits between 2 of the buildings. Mr. Lee shared that during the spring/summer time they have a live band that comes and plays during the evening. He said it is the place to be- guests get to know each other and just have fun. There is another place to sit outside and enjoy the outdoors. So plenty of places to enjoy the beauty of the Inn than just the rooms.
- Each room has bottles of wine to purchase- no tacky minibar here! There is wine glasses, corkscrew and of course the price list/descriptions of the wines.
- The front desk also sells special vintages from all the sponsoring wineries- so you don’t have to stick with just what is in your room.
- There is a complimentary wine and cheese tasting from 5-7pm in the evening and a very special continental breakfast in the morning 8-10am. I loved the breakfast and the coffee was superb ..not that yucky hotel coffee either.
- No children under 18 is allowed. This is very romantic place so we had no problems with that one bit. It’s nice to go somewhere that is geared towards adults and pure enjoyment of their time.
- Check out is 11 am- love that. We were able to enjoy breakfast and coffee then take our time packing.
- Complementary Wifi- which worked awesome and easy to sign in.
- They even have High Definition channels in the rooms.
If you are looking for a weekend getaway or if you are wanting to visit the Monterey/Carmel area please check out Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites we highly recommend!