Not all driving experiences are good. And unfortunately you or your loved ones may find yourself in an accident. Here is a handy list of what to do and not do in the event of an accident.
• DO call the emergency medical assistance. Even if there are no visible injuries, internal injuries may manifest themselves with severe symptoms once you are over the shock. It is critical to bring in medical help
• DO call the police whenever appropriate. Ideally, the police must be informed immediately.
• DO follow all legalities and cooperate with law enforcement and emergency personnel
• DO get key information together such as the license plate numbers of all other vehicles involved along with drivers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, and insurance information.
• DO get the name and address of the animal’s owner and any license information if there was an animal involved.
• DO make a note of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all potential witnesses to an accident then and there.
• DO establish contact with your car, personal and health insurance personnel.
• DO take photographs of all of the following, as applicable, as soon as possible after the accident:
◦ The scene of the accident, from all angles.
◦ The surrounding area.
◦ The product or animal that caused your injuries.
◦ Your injuries, including taking pictures over the time it takes your injuries to heal.
◦ Any property damage.
To read more of this article, head on over to Akins Chrysler, Dodge!