May is National Barbecue Month, and Austin, Texas-based Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q, makers of authentic, premium sauces, marinades and rubs offers tips and recipes for barbecuing the best meats and veggies. This weekend we are having a BBQ at our house to celebrate Memorial Day and just want to have some good tasting food!
Craft-made Stubb’s is the only nationally available BBQ sauce brand (available in 85% grocery stores) to carry the Gluten-Free Organization Certification seal and contain no high fructose corn syrup (the first ingredient in most national BBQ sauce brands.) The company is also working with the Non-GMO Project to verify its line.
Stubb’s sauce is not too sweet, just the right amount of smokiness. Can’t wait to try on chicken too.
I got our whole menu from Stubb’s BBQ
Appetizer: STUBB’S DEVILED EGGS
Veggie: STUBB’S BBQ HASSELBACK POTATOES
Side: STUBB’S COWBOY BEANS
Main: ST. LOUIS RIBS
2- to 4- tablespoons Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Spice Rub
½ cup Stubb’s Original or Spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce
Two (2- to 3- pound) racks of St. Louis style ribs
3 cups wood chips, or 4 to 5 chunks, soaked
Go HERE to get the directions
Dessert: HONEY PECAN PEACH PIE
I want to try the Cookin Sauces to make Chili in a couple of weeks with some cornbread and corn on the cob (all recipes on Stubb’s too)
- Stubb’s Sweet Heat Grilled Chicken
- Stubb’s Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
- Stubb’s Chile-Rubbed Pork Chops with Mango Salsa
- Stubb’s Grilled Ribeye Steak
- Stubb’s Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers
- Stubb’s Cowboy Burger
Rocky’s Grilling Tips
- Use indirect cooking for larger meats (indirect is cooking away from the fire), and direct cooking for smaller meats (direct is cooking over the fire).
- Soak vegetables in cold water before grilling – it keeps them from burning or drying out too fast.
- When using charcoal, allow coals to ash over before adding meat to the grill
- For a juicier steak, let your meat rest for at least 10 minutes after it is done to allow all the liquid that was forced into the center of the meat when cooking to distribute throughout the steak.
- Keep different meat types separated on your grill. For example, don’t cook beef and chicken together.
- When marinating, beef chicken and pork can marinated up to two days in a refrigerator. You should only marinate seafood for a few hours.
- Clean grill after every use.