Fried rice is one of the best comfort food that is tasty to eat and also easy to make. Today we shall discuss the recipe of grain free fried rice. Do not get confused with the name of the dish as we all know that rice itself is a grain. But in this recipe, we are going to give a small twist to the dish. Instead of rice, we are going to make use of the diced Jicama. You can buy the best one from the best rice exporters around you. The Jicama will work as an alternative to the rice. It is a tasty and a healthy ingredient to eat. This will give the right taste with a perfect balance of flavors. The recipe is as followed:
The list of ingredients that you will need:
- For cooking 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. This much amount will make it healthy to eat and fat-free
- ¼ cup of ground jicama- make sure that you shred it is equal sizes in the round shape
- 1 onion that is chopped
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- Mixed vegetable of all kind according to your taste
- 1 teaspoon of coconut aminos
- Salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon black paper
Method to Prepare
- First of all, wash, peel and chop the Jicama. This is the main ingredient of the dish that will also make the body of the dish. It will give a good taste.
- In order to give it the texture of rice you can chop it in the food processor. This will help you get the right texture and body.
- Now in a large pan add some coconut oil and once the oil is hot to it add riced Jicama and chopped onions.
- Cook all this for about 5mins and after that add some water to the dish. With the help of the water, the jicama will cook better.
- Once it is semi cooked to the pan add bell pepper and other frozen vegetables. It will be best if you add vegetables of a different color as it will give a nice color to the dish. You can add carrots, peas, capsicum, etc.
- There after add the spices for the taste. You can add coconut aminos, salt, and pepper. Once add make sure you taste it in order to make sure that the taste is just right.
- Now after adding everything. Cook it on medium heat for 2 minutes and then serve hot. This dish is the perfect dish for all vegetarian taste buds.
This dish can be enjoyed at any meal of the day. You can make it less or more spicy as per your taste buds by adding the right amount of spices. Jicama is the best alternative for rice that you can buy from the rice exporters. You can buy a good quality for the good dish.