Getting married is such an exciting occasion. If your boyfriend has recently proposed to you, then congratulations! You must be one happy woman. Whether or not he proposed to you under the Eiffel Tower or at the place where you two first kissed, the idea of marriage is a dream come true for most of us ladies.
You’re probably going crazy coming up with final decisions on where the wedding will be held, what invitations you are going to use, and what color your centerpieces will be. One of the other questions you will have to ask yourself is, “Well, what do I want to look like?” Obviously, most women would like to look like princesses during their wedding day, but preparing for what you look like on your big day takes some planning, too. There are a number of options to go through, such as whether or not you want to wear your hair up or down, or if you are going to wear a Jim Hjelm wedding dress. Here is a basic list of five different ways to be a beautiful bride this year.
1. Consider what style you want to fit into. What kind of bride do you want to be once you walk down the aisle? There are a bunch of choices out there, such as elegant, modern, or sophisticated. Every bride has a different personality and preference, so make sure that you are matching something which you feel comfortable with.
2. Determine your designer. Once you decide on what type of style you want to portray during your wedding, finding a designer is easy. There is a ton of different wedding gown designers out there with plenty of dresses to choose from, such as Vera Wang or Jim Hjelm wedding dresses. Each designer has their own distinct style; or example, Jim Hjelm is known for his vintage-inspired gowns with intricate detailing and gorgeous lace accents.
3. Choose which fit will best complement your body type. There are a variety of different wedding dresses which can flatter your body frame. Here are just a few:
- The mermaid wedding dress (ideal for curvy, hourglass, or square frames)
- The A-line wedding dress (ideal for top heavy, rectangular, curvaceous, or pear-shaped frames)
- The ballroom wedding dress (ideal for pear and apple frames)
4. Ask yourself, “Will the wedding be inside or outside?” By asking yourself this question, you can prevent some embarrassment. If a wedding is held outdoors—especially in the summer—there is a higher chance that humidity can play a role in either the condition of your hair or the oil in your skin. If your wedding is going to be held outside, then consider using a high quality primer before applying any necessary foundation.
5. Play around with makeup options. As a beautiful bride, you will most likely be wearing a bit of makeup, unless being au naturel works well for you. If you have a makeup idea in your head, play around with it—take photographs, too, since the camera will show you what you will look like in wedding images on your big day. If makeup isn’t your forte, then consider looking into professional makeup artists beforehand.
These five tips will help you on your way down the aisle. Every bride is beautiful, but before a bride can step down the aisle, she has a few choices to make.