This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/POWERADE
As a child, growing up I always remember me going to through my competitive stage. I loved sports, but all of them weren’t that appealing to me. I was always asked what I would prefer to do instead of being forced to do something I didn’t want to do. Forcing a young athlete upon activities they won’t feel comfortable doing is a big mistake. So if you are a mother of a young athlete, then I have some new for you. Check out the tips and information that I have for you below.
Tips For Keeping Your Young Athlete Encouraged And Positive
When you’re a parent of a young athlete, you number one goal is to encourage them never to give up. So check out these tips on encouraging your young athlete:
- Ask Instead Of Forcing – If you have an athletic youngster running around eager to try something, then ask them what they are interested in trying. Don’t try to force them into doing something they won’t be comfortable doing. The goal is for them to have a blast trying a sport that they might want to take up in the future.
- Cheer & Support – The last thing you want to see is your young athlete looking at you noticing you aren’t cheering them on. Showing your athlete support and that you care means the world to them. Without your support, your young athlete is going to feel no confidence in what they are doing!
- Set An Example – When teaching your young athlete the ups and downs about sports, you always want to make sure that you are leading by example. Guide them down the path to being a successful athlete without putting a lot of pressure on them at the same time. So not only should you be their parent
- Keep A Positive Winning Attitude – Make sure that your young athlete always keeps a positive attitude when enjoying a sporting event. If you let them focus on the fact that they lose something, their confidence is going to drop dramatically. Make sure that they know what winning isn’t everything, and keep their winning attitude high at all times.
- Fun Over Competition – The most important tip of all, is to remember it’s not all about winning or how good you do. It all comes down to the fact that you had fun doing it. Helping your young athlete understand that having fun is the most important thing in sports can lead them in the right direction.
Now that you have some key tips to being the mother of an athlete, there is only one more thing to do. Your young athlete is going to need to be hydrated at all time right? It’s time you got the right sports drink perfect for your athletic youngster, and that sports drink is POWERADE.
POWERADE is formulated with a unique ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System. With the help of this system, this great sports drink helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
POWERADE’s Just A Kid Program
About the POWERADE “Just A Kid” Campaign:
- There is potential in all of us. No matter what you achieve in life, you start in the same place as everyone else: as a kid full of potential and big dreams. At the end of the day, we are all “just a kid” from somewhere.
- POWERADE believes that with the right motivation these everyday athletes can realize their potential and one day be the athletes that they look up to. Sports have a major impact on our communities. Whether it is t-ball or the pros, every athlete in every league has a story waiting to be told.
- Represent your somewhere with custom “Just a Kid” apparel that features where you’re from here. All net proceeds from the sale of “Just a Kid” apparel goes to the Boys & Girls Club of America.
- The ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. POWERADE is formulated with a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles, and vitamins B3, B6, and B12.
- POWERADE comes in great tasting flavors and has been helping keep athletes hydrated for decades. POWERADE ZEROTM features the same hydration benefits of classic POWERADE but with ZERO calories.
- POWERADE flavors:
- Mountain Berry Blast®
- Fruit Punch
- Lemon Lime
- POWERADE Zero flavors:
- Mixed Berry
- Grape Zero
- POWERADE flavors:
- POWERADE is available at everyday low prices and in multipack assortment of sizes at Walmart and Walmart.com.
- Walmart/POWERADE Offer – Free “Just a Kid” Sports Bottle: When shoppers purchase two 8-packs of 20 oz POWERADE at Walmart, they’ll be able to go online, submit their receipt, and order a free custom “Just a Kid” reusable sports bottle. Go to http://www.us.powerade.com/walmart/#pov2 to learn more. The offer is good until April 4, 2016, or while supplies last.