I am on my fourth kid and my youngest LOVES to eat. However, not all of my kids enjoying eating, for some of them it was a battle. I wanted to share some tips for feeding your baby and getting them to enjoy their food. Check out these tips-
Start with one food at a time
When you give your baby food for the first time, you don’t give them a buffet of choices. You try one food at a time. This also helps to eliminate any potential allergies. Start with one food at a time and watch your child develop a love for food.
Don’t give up after the first no
Some parents will give up the new food fight after one try. Don’t give up, try again. If your baby doesn’t like peas for the first time, try again in a few weeks. Have a new food rotation going on, you never know when your baby will start liking those foods that they once said no to.
Take off baby’s shirt for the first food try
Listen, when you first introduce food to your baby, it’s going to be a mess. You can just take off their shirt and allow them to embrace the first-time food eating process. It’s amazing how messy it gets the first time. However, overtime, it gets way easier!
Let them explore for themselves
When your baby is ready to explore eating for the first time, it is a little intimidating. All you see if food flying everywhere. However, rest assure that letting your baby try things for themselves will allow them to get good at eating.
You need a good high chair
When my kids were little, the one thing I invested in that I loved was their high chair. I always went with a Abiie Beyond Junior Y High Chair. These high chairs are amazing in so many ways. They go from holding a 6 month baby to a full blown chair for adults. Here are some features you’ll want to check out on the Abiie Beyond Junior Y High Chair.
- EZ-Seat 20-SECOND enables quick adjustment of seat & footrest in less than 20 seconds.
- Dual Restraint Systems can be adjusted for a 5-point or a 3-point harness, keeping your loved one secure and comfortable.
- One-hand Removable Tray Cover is dishwasher-friendly, a convenient solution for every busy parent.
- Waterproof Cushion will stay dry with a quick wipe.
- Anti-microbial Heat Sterilization ensures a hygienic environment for your child.
- Eco-friendly cultivated beech wood has been carefully selected to keep the forests healthy and sustainably productive.
- Safety Standards: Beyond Junior Y chair meets and complies with ASTM F404 & HR 4040 standards and contains No harmful substances, such as BPA, Phthalate, PVC.