With summer finally here, that means more of us will be enjoying the outdoors and getting into the fresh air. We all love to enjoy the summer but we also have to protect ourselves and watch out for some of these hazards.
10 Perils of Summer
- Bee Sting – Ouch! Bees, wasps, hornets and other stinging bugs are sometimes unavoidable.
- Sunburn – Protect your skin from the sun, and avoid the most severe UV rays between 10am-4pm.
- Concussions – A concussion can result from a blow to the body or head, such as a fall from a swing set.
- Poison Oak & Ivy – In the woods everything is green and leafy and… poisonous? Some plants really make you itch.
- Jellyfish – They’re not really fish, and they don’t attack. But their tentacles pack a painful and potent venom.
- Tick bites – Lyme disease and other complications can arise from a nasty little tick bite. Ask a doctor.
- Sunstroke – Kids and seniors are at higher risk for heat exhaustion and sunstroke. Be aware.
- Sports Injuries – After a long winter, we’re in a rush to get outdoors. Sometimes leading to a trip and fall.
- Burns – Accidents can happen when we’re around campfires or BBQ grills. Get treatment right away.
- Kids bumps and bruises – Sometimes it’s a minor scrape, but it may be a more serious bruise. Let’s have a look.
If one of these perils happen and it is something you think warrants a trip to the doctor, you should check out Doctor On Demand. No matter where you are, at home, on vacation, at work or even spending the day at the park, you can connect with Doctor on Demand! No more waiting at the doctor’s office or ER when you or a family member is not feeling good. With Doctor on Demand, you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
Doctor On Demand is a healthcare service that provides Video Visits with board certified physicians, psychologists, and lactation consultants via smartphones, tablets, and desktop. With life being hectic and most of us in a rush, Doctor On Demand is there to help you, from the comfort of your home or even when you’re on the go, you can reach a doctor when you need one! they can Look, Listen, and Engage with you to diagnose your issues and provide an effective treatment plan.
When I called I had a stuffy nose and forehead. The Dr. I spoke to was very nice and listened to everything I told her and she explained everything to me in detail and was very kind. She told me I could use over the counter medicine and told me that if I felt worse to call back or to go to the emergency room. I was very impressed and was very satisfied with the service I received.
Doctor on Demand is available on iPhone, iPad, Android and on the Web. There’s even an app. Best of all, it’s only $40 a visit and they even prescribe you medication when needed. Doctor on Demand offers pay-per-visit billing. There’s no hassle of dealing with insurance claims and you simply pay per visit. If you find yourself suffering any health perils this summer, make sure you head on over to Doctor On Demand.