Award-winning children’s publisher, Cricket Media launched a reading app called Story Bug for kids on iPad and iPhone. Designed for young children ages 0-6, Story Bug combines video chat with a shared reader displaying educational books from Cricket Media to enable story time with a loved one anywhere, anytime. It’s perfect for parents who travel for work, grandparents who live far away or other family members who want to share story time when they’re apart.
Additional features include:
- Dozens of books available from Cricket Media plus more books added every month.
- Synchronous shared reader allows both participants in a call to see the same page of the book, turn pages together and interacting with the content.
- Users see and hear each other while viewing the same digital book or magazine.
- A digital “shadow hand” shows where each user is pointing, making it possible for parents and grandparents to challenge young readers to point to items on the page or sound out specific words.
- The app is free to download and you can purchase books via the bookstore.
- Kid-friendly, safe and secure environment certified by kidSAFE+ for COPPA compliance.