Staying Fit for Now and the New Year
It’s hard to believe that the New Year is right around the corner. For some reason, this time of year makes us feel as though we need to get healthier. I am a huge nutrition nut, but not a fitness nut. I have been trying to work out more, though. I wanted to share some tips I have been using to help me stay fit, not only for the New Year, but for now.
I like to try and stay active throughout the day! Sitting down only means I am not burning calories. Whether I am playing with my kids or taking a walk, staying active is super important to me. My kids are always on the go and it’s important that I can keep up with them.
Commit to be fit
I think it’s easy to push fitness to the side. I have made a commitment to be fit, so it has been easier. When I know it’s an everyday part of my life now, it makes doing it so much easier. If you need help with commitment, you could always get an accountability partner.
Use the right fitness tools
Another way to stay fit for now and the New Year is to use the right tools. One of my favorite workout tools is the Speed Rope – Adjustable Jump Rope for Workouts. It’s adjustable and is a great workout! I have always had a hard time jump roping, but not anymore. Here are some things I love about it!
- Cuts through the air with a low drag effect due to the thin 2.5mm tube
- Weighs a light 100g yet still firm for every maneuver
- Improve double unders and speed rope techniques
- Length of 283cm (9’3″). Tested for suitable length on a guy 206cm (6’9″) tall
- Steel screws let you adjust the length to get the perfect size for you to achieve maximum efficiency. The option is also there to remove the caps by hand then snip the wire with pliers
- Steel bearing designed for durability and speed makes it the ideal speed rope
About Urban Strength
We aim to make training accessible, affordable and fun, to ensure you have every incentive to make exercise a regular part of your life. We support the groups who share our ethos because at the end of the day, we all come together to build healthier humans. Calisthenics and functional training is the best way to take control of your body, and gain true Urban Strength. Shop now.